Home > Boards > The Lounge > Politics > Zeev's Turnips Talk Politics (ZTTP)
Followed By 4
Posts 820
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 02/06/2001

Tuesday, October 19, 2004 7:35:50 AM

Re: SoxFan post# 74963

Post# of 495952
"Nixon funded John O'Neill's group in 1972 to attack Kerry."

Izzat so? Got links to back it up"

"Do you deny that or don't you know?"

Actually, I know that happens to be a bunch of bunk, but I'll
look at any credible evidence you may have to prove your
assertion has merit.

"John O'Neill when debating Kerry on the Dick Cavatt show in 1972 admitted participating in free fire zones. That's a war crime according to the Geneva conventions - see the debate as I did twice to get his admission."

I'm impressed. I've seen it several times & read the
transcripts. I've also watched Kerry's testimony under oath
before the Senate in 1971 & read the transcripts, plus much
much more.

Kerry admitted to more war crimes than you asserted (see below).

Free fire zones were NOT war crimes. Kerry lied about that too.
All that meant was that they could return fire if fired upon
(they didn't need to get permission first). They could fire on
threatening or suspicious activity in that specific zone, but
that zone had already been cleared of civilians who were warned
to stay clear or they could be shot.

Kerry's false description of Free Fire Zones would make him a
war criminal as he openly admitted that he did partake them.

Your spin is interesting, but does not mitigate the fact Kerry
told horrific lies under oath. Because of that POW's suffered,
the commies hung on & more of our troops died
unnecessarily..........

.....in front of the US Congress, John Kerry had the following to say:

“We rationalized destroying villages in order to save them.”
“We learned the meaning of FREE-FIRE ZONEs, shooting anything that moves
, and we watched while America placed a cheapness on the lives of Orientals.”......

Videotape, MEET THE PRESS, April 18, 1971):

MR. KERRY (Vietnam Veterans Against the War): There are all kinds of atrocities and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free-fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50-caliber machine guns which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search-and-destroy missions, in the burning of villages.
All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare. All of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free-fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals........

.....They played the tape where Kerry lied about war crimes he claimed to have seen. He spoke about “FREE FIRE ZONEs” and how we murdered innocent civilians in them. Every Soldier I ever met in Vietnam from Private to General knew we moved all civilians to “New Life Hamlets” before any area was declared a “FREE FIRE ZONE.” Only John and his “Band of Brothers” seem to have missed the point.

http://dev.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=20433697

.....Kerry repeatedly embellishes this lie by referring to "U.S. designated FREE-FIRE ZONEs," implying that such ZONEs authorized indiscriminate killing, in order to portray the U.S. military as unwanted, brutish conquerors in Vietnam. In truth, FREE-FIRE ZONEs fell within the normal rules of engagement and authorized not an order to FIRE but discretion to FIRE first if threatened by, or when confronting, enemy forces......

http://dev.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=20542712

.....The intent of the FREE FIRE ZONE designation was to declare certain areas where GIs could return FIRE at will without getting permission form a FSCOORD (FIRE Support Coordinator) or other higher HQ.

It did not provide authority to abrogate the rules of war...In fact conventional American units gave each field soldier a card telling him he could not shoot civilians indiscriminantly and other rules listed here...

International Rules About Civilians.....

http://dev.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=20502043

....Retired Rear Admiral Roy Hoffmann, who was ultimately responsible for ordering Kerry into the FREE-FIRE ZONEs, took such offense at Kerry's allegations .....

....the retired officers who criticized Kerry said he misled the public by lumping together documented atrocities like My Lai with his complaints about the inhumanity of the US military's policy on FREE-FIRE ZONEs.

They also questioned whether the 1971 testimony of
veterans at the Winter Soldier hearings in Detroit was
accurate.....

One of Kerry's former commanders, Coast Guard Captain
Adrian Lonsdale of Massachusetts, said he has no
recollection of Kerry ever expressing concern about
atrocities during their conversations while in Vietnam.
Lonsdale was among those who said he opposed Kerry on
grounds that he falsely made allegations about atrocities.

'Atrocities by US Navy men and Coast Guardsmen under my command were never reported to me," Lonsdale said via e-mail....

http://dev.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=20128388

FansUnite Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2022 Financial Results FUNFF May 27, 2022 12:49 PM

KINETIC Group (OTC:KNIT) ("KNIT") Acquires GSS Infrastructure LLC in an All Stock Transaction KNIT May 27, 2022 10:00 AM

XCPCNL Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire Communications, Financial Disclosure, and Multimedia Marketing Firm, Mcap Media, Inc. XCPL May 27, 2022 7:00 AM

Thunder Energies Signs $40 Million Funding Agreement TNRG May 26, 2022 4:30 PM

Emerging Markets Report: A Case for Uranium LAM May 26, 2022 10:07 AM

HNRC UPDATES ON SECOND $100 MILLION DOLLAR SPAC HNRC May 26, 2022 10:00 AM

Grove Inc. Upexi Division Launches Medicinal Mushroom Product Line Direct to Consumer and on Amazon GRVI May 26, 2022 9:07 AM

SciSparc Announces Ethics Committee Approval to Conduct a Phase IIb Trial in Tourette Syndrome SPRC May 26, 2022 8:35 AM

Branded Legacy, Inc. Signs LOI To Acquire First Patent Thomas Pepper Johnson To Join Company's Executive Team BLEG May 26, 2022 8:30 AM

Dalrada Continues Upward Trajectory with 252% Growth in Third Quarter 2022 Financial Results DFCO May 26, 2022 8:00 AM

Atlanta Based Specialty Realty Group Reorganizes, Changes Business Plan & Leadership TNRG May 25, 2022 8:00 PM

OTC: ILUS, ILUS International (Ilustrato Pictures International Inc) Agrees Terms With an Acquisition Delivering Upwards of $100 Million in Annual Revenue ILUS May 25, 2022 11:52 AM

Branded Legacy, Inc. To Introduce New Delta 9 blend THC-0/Delta-8 Blend Gummies Sell Out Again BLEG May 25, 2022 8:30 AM

Goldshore Resources Announces Public (NSERC & MITACS) and Educational (Lakehead University) Tri-Party Institutional Partnership with Alliance Grant GSHR May 25, 2022 8:20 AM

Ultrack Systems Fully Acquires California Trucking Company M-Loan Inc. MJLB May 24, 2022 9:30 AM