Home > Boards > Free Zone > User's Groups > Value Microcaps Zip Code Changers

The company actually intends to build out 50

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (1) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
zenvesting Member Profile

Followed By 98
Posts 2,843
Boards Moderated 3
Alias Born 02/10/04
160x600 placeholder
After FedEx Shooting, Indianapolis Grieves
INDIANAPOLIS -- A makeshift memorial sprung up and vigils were planned Saturday for the victims of the mass shooting that killed eight people, as law-enforcement officials continued to investigate the shooter's motives.
Travel Boom Coming, Expedia CEO Says: 'Hotels Will Come Screaming Back'
Expat Americans Fly Home for Covid-19 Vaccination Shots
In Punishing Russia for SolarWinds, Biden Upends U.S. Convention on Cyber Espionage
Correction to Indianapolis Mass Shooting Article
Roger Stone Is Sued as U.S. Government Alleges Unpaid Taxes -- Update
Indianapolis Mass Shooting: At Least Eight Dead at FedEx Facility -- 9th Update
Roger Stone Is Sued as U.S. Government Alleges Unpaid Taxes
Indianapolis Mass Shooting: At Least Eight Dead at FedEx Facility -- 8th Update
Top Company News of the Day
J&J, Morgan Stanley, Coinbase: Stocks That Defined the Week
NASA Picks SpaceX to Build New Lunar Lander -- 2nd Update
Lilly Ends U.S. Use of Single Covid-19 Antibody Drug Alone -- Update
Indianapolis Mass Shooting: At Least Eight Dead at FedEx Facility -- 7th Update
Stocks End Week With Fresh Records--Update
Top Stories of the Day
NASA Picks SpaceX to Build New Lunar Lander -- Update
FedEx's Limits on Phones in Spotlight After Indianapolis Shooting
When Fed Chief Talks, So Do Listeners -- and They Provide an Earful
Stocks End Week With Fresh Records
Soybeans Rise on Weather Concerns
Vaccine Manufacturing Issues Force Moderna to Cut Supplies to Canada, U.K.
Indianapolis FedEx Shooting: What We Know So Far -- Update
zenvesting   Friday, 01/22/21 07:45:00 PM
Re: gilead23 post# 10764
Post # of 10772 
The company actually intends to build out 50 MW of capacity by year end, so this 25 MW plan gets them half way there.

Based on some quick searching, it does seam the rates you quote are about the going rate for building out new datacenter capacity, but I'm pretty sure the company is also looking to add some kind of load balancing system to accumulate energy during off-peak hours, to be used when the intermittent renewable supplies go offline, which might be even more expensive.

Then again, they bought their first 2.5 MW crypto mine for $200,000:
https://apnews.com/press-release/pr-newswire/6cd710c1ecd87efcabb9ac266a30f976

I don't expect they'll be lucky enough to find that much capacity in bankruptcy settlements for pennies on the dollar in value, like their first property, but I don't expect they'll be paying full price either.

In one of those interviews the CEO said they will need to do financing, but they are sensitive to dilution, as management holds nearly half of the company now.

I imagine they will seek to uplist on NASDAQ and release some more positive developments to drive the price up before they lock in any financing.

There's obviously a lot of unknowns here, we have to trust a management team that appears to be judicious allocators of capital, I think rhe operations team history of developping and spinning-off PLUG Power combined with Michael Toropek's history in private equity look like a capable team to build a going concern in this industry.

I see you are still active on MicrocapClub, there's some good conversation on the potential possibilities for MKTY there as well.

"Our houses are such unwieldy property that we are often imprisoned rather than housed in them." - Henry David Thoreau, Walden: Economy, 1854

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (1) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist
Consent Preferences