Relief & NeuroRX Leadership (Brief Summary)
Here are a few highlights about a few of the leaders at Relief & NeuroRX. Each of these individuals bring with them impressive educational backgrounds, extensive world-class experience, and connections into the highest levels of government and some of the largest companies in the United States. These individuals, along with other equally-impressive team members, are leading RLF-100 through the FDA process and preparing for launch.
Dr. Jonathan Javitt – NeuroRX Founder, CEO, and Chairman of the Board
• Dr Javitt is a graduate of Princeton University, Cornell University Medical College, Harvard School of Public Health, the Wills Eye Hospital, and Johns Hopkins Medical School.
• He was appointed to healthcare leadership roles under Presidents Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, and Bush Jr.
• Dr. Javitt led drug-development engagements for Merck, Allergan, Pharmacia, Novartis, and Pfizer.
• He held leadership roles in seven successful healthcare IT and biopharma startups with public exits.
• He previously served as expert consultant to the World Bank, the National Institutes of Health, the Health Care Financing Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs, and the ministries of health of United Kingdom, Sweden, Australia, Japan, and the Netherlands.
Dr. Ram (Raghuram Selvaraju) – Relief Chairman of the Board
• Holds a BS in Molecular Biology, a MS in Biological Sciences, a MS in Molecular Biology, a Ph.D. in Cellular Immunology and Molecular Neuroscience and an MBA from Cornell University, Carnegie Mellon University, and University of Geneva.
• Dr. Ram has appeared numerous times on Bloomberg, CNBC, Business News Network and BTV, and is widely quoted in national publications such as Barron’s and The Wall Street Journal, The Pink Sheet, BioWorld Today, and BioCentury.
• He was formally the Vice President in Equity Research, Managing Director, and Senior Analyst for multiple companies throughout his career.
Robert Besthof – NeuroRX Chief of Operations
• Mr. Besthof is a global biopharmaceutical executive who has spent his career at Eli Lilly & Pfizer.
• At Pfizer, he was head of the entire neuro science and pain division and was responsible for $10b of drugs.
Wayne Pines – NeuroRX Regulatory & Patient Advocacy Adviser
• Previously served as FDA Associate Commissioner.
• Was recently in the news as a long-term friend and advisor to Dr. Hahn (FDA Commissioner).
Peter Egon de Svastich – Relief Board Member
• Mr. de Svastich is a Managing General Partner of GEM.
• He holds a Business degree from Princeton, LLB/JD from Yale Law School, and LATF from Fletcher School of Law.
• He has been Principal Executive Officer, President, Principal Financial Officer, Treasurer and Secretary at Global Group Enterprises Corp.
• He has been the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Compliance Officer for a number of hedge funds and funds of funds.
• Mr. de Svastich also served as a Partner, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Compliance Officer of Alpha Equity Management.
Thomaz Burckhardt - Relief Board Member
• After completing his law studies, he held various positions in the areas of asset management and capital markets at leading international banks UBS, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, and Credit Suisse.
• He specializes in asset management, capital market transactions and mergers & acquisitions.