Some important things to note today:
1) David Weill the CFO exercised nearly $80,000 worth of options in Axmin Inc. Based on his already outstanding position of 1.7 million shares, he now has more than double that in common shares. To date he has not sold a single share in 9 years of being a director : https://ceo.ca/api/sedi?insider=&symbol=AXM&date=&transaction=&amount=&undefined[company_symbol]=AXM
2) It's been a year since the peace agreement and much of the Central African Republic is under State Authority again, with the exception of the far north. At this point in time, FACA/MINUSCA are finishing this area off and it is my belief that we will see all of the Central African Republic under state authority by the summer time: https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/02/1057731
Axmin's Passendro property is in the center of the country, within the secured zone.
3) Next Thursday, the Bangui Mining Expo will begin. This is the first international promotion of CAR since 2011. This will change the tide of investment sentiment towards the country.
: official site (French)
- article from the CAR government website: http://mines.gouv.cf/actualite/134/point-de-presse-au-ministere-des-mines-et-de-la-geologie
Mon 2/17/2020 - 12:00
Following his participation in Captown in South Africa in the INDABAH Mining forum, The Minister of Mines and Geology, Léopold MBOLI FATRAN held a press point in his cabinet.
According to the Member of the Government, this great forum which brings together all the actors of the mining sector of Africa and the investors of the whole world enabled him to promote SEMICA Central African Republic, the Exhibition of Mines and Petroleum in Central African Republic with the exhibitors. The said Fair will be held under the patronage of the Head of State, HE Professor Faustin Archange TOUADERA, from February 27 to 29 in Bangui.
This forum also allowed several bilateral meetings, the Minister of Mines and Geology met the Canadian Minister of Mineral Resources, during their interview they talked about current affairs concerning the two countries and the strengthening of their bilateral cooperation. met with emissaries from Botswana who confirmed the upcoming arrival of Botswana experts who will be responsible for assessing the Central African mining production system. He also met the South African Minister of Mineral Resources who has renewed the confidence his government has in the mining sector of the Central African Republic, he also promised to intensify the cooperation that already exists between the two countries through an agreement signed two years ago.
4) Gold is currently at $1,620 USD per ounce and Axmin has a proven reserve of 2 million ounces, yet the stock is trading at a yearly low. This would be ideal time to reassess the company, the country it operates in and the asset it carries. Also remember that Axmin owns a large position in Senegal as well.