PSL CONTESTS ARE OPEN TO ANYONE REGARDLESS OF IHUB STATUS. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PREMIUM TO PARTICIPATE.
This is the 18th contest for the VMC board. The first 17 contests can be seen and reviewed on the links below.
>>>>>Winner: CWS9 (+95.16%) http://www.investorshub.com/boards/profile.asp?user=49612
>>>>>Winner: Networm (+111.44%) http://www.investorshub.com/boards/profile.asp?user=40375
>>>>>Winner: Bobwins (+57.95%) http://www.investorshub.com/boards/profile.asp?user=27704
>>>>>Winner: DanLC (+156.22%) http://www.investorshub.com/boards/profile.asp?user=58188
>>>>>Winner: Niles_crane3 (+35.69%) http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/profile.asp?User=49627
>>>>>Winner: Gilead (+68.11%) http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/profile.asp?user=27444
>>>>>Winner: Researcher59 (+40.49%) http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/profile.asp?user=49488
>>>>>Winner: THREES (+54.52%) http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/profile.asp?user=35195
>>>>>Winner: MSGI (+68.10%) http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/profile.asp?user=24029
>>>>>Winner: Researcher59 (+62.16%) http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/profile.asp?user=49488
>>>>>Winner: ABH3VT (+141.02%) http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/profile.asp?user=33827
>>>>>Winner:KnowledgeIsKing (+129.32%) http://www.investorshub.com/boards/profile.asp?user=49614
>>>>>Winner:Northernlight (+203.76%) http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/profile.asp?user=53019
>>>>>Winner:KnowledgeIsKing (+46.99%) http://www.investorshub.com/boards/profile.asp?user=49614
PSL 16: http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/board.aspx?board_id=18652
>>>>>Winner:KnowledgeisKing (+116.74%) http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/profilea.aspx?user=49614
PSL 17: http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/board.aspx?board_id=19688
>>>>>Winner:ROCKETEER357 (+51.71%) http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/profilea.aspx?user=42514
The winner gets... A year's subscription to IHUB....plus pride in being the #1 performer against a lot of very good stockpickers on the best stockpicking board on the internet. And, they get highlighted on the VMC Champions Board. http://www.investorshub.com/boards/board.asp?board_id=4067
ELIGIBILITY Solely up to the moderators of this board. Any contestant who is booted from IHUB during the contest is ineligible to win any individual PSL contest.
A FEW POINTS
All picks will be "blind" picks. By that, it means they will have to be based upon the person's best guess rather than by seeing what others have done. When the picks are made, they will be deleted (hidden) from the board. Once the deadline passes, all picks by each person will be shown in the I-box.
PSL 18 will begin on Monday, May 23rd and end on Friday, August 26th. Everyone must have their picks in before May 20th at 4PM EST. All beginning prices will be as of the close on Friday, May 20th.
All picks need to be done on this board and not via PM so that we have a record. Also, you can never be sure if whoever you send it to is even around or reading PMs. If you post it on the board, it is permanent and fixed in time.
We will list each person's picks in the I-box in alphabetical order.
shown below are all the rules with respect to PSL 18. THERE IS ONE RECENT RULE MODIFICATION.
New Rule: "Buy a Transaction"
After a contestant uses their four trades they have the right to buy up to three trades at a cost.
The first transaction costs 3% of the unit (or stock position) you are trading out of.
The second transaction costs 5% of (see above).
The third transaction costs 10% of (see above).
1) Pick exactly 6 stocks that you believe will have the greatest appreciation during the period of the contest.
2) Only cash dividends of over 10% will be adjusted for. Stock dividends and splits will always be adjusted for.
3) Each stock must be at least 25 cents as of the deadline for making your picks. If one of your stocks is below 25 cents on the close, you will have until midnight (assuming no news) to pick another stock that qualifies. If not, a cash position will be assigned to your portfolio.
4) Stocks must meet VMC earnings & reporting requirements (see explanation immediately below this list) with the exception that one WILD CARD pick will be allowed (see #16 below).
5) A minimum $5,000 average daily dollar volume for the previous three months is required on any original or any new stock. This is calculated as the 3-month average shares traded times the closing price of the stock.
6) Foreign stocks are allowed as long as they are trackable. Some foreign stocks have pinky versions and that is ok.
7) One of your 6 original positions can be a cash position.
8) No options or warrants or mutual funds. ETF's are ok.
9) No limit on market cap.
10) It is not required that you disclose whether you own these stocks.
11) First come, first serve. All GROUPS of 6 must be unique. If a person already has your exact 6 choices you will need to make at least one substitution. This has not happened so far and is very unlikely.
12) You will receive 4 transactions during the contest. You can use 0, 1, 2, 3 or all four. That is up to you.
13) All transactions will be done as of the next closing price. If the transaction is done after the close, it will be as of the close of the following market day. There is a one half hour grace period to allow for UNDOING a trade - assuming there is no news involved to either part of the transaction during that half hour. This is because many closing prices are not available until 20 minutes after the close.
14) A transaction can be a trade or an unfreeze (just like it sounds). A double down (see below) is also a transaction. All transactions should be done on the PSL board - and not via PM.
--- A double down will be allowed where you can trade one of your stocks (or cash) into a "double" position of one of your other stocks (or cash).
--- Once double downed, always doubled downed. In other words, when two stocks are merged into one, they cannot be unmerged. You can trade, freeze or unfreeze the merged unit just as you would a single unit.
--- Once two stocks have been merged via a double down they cannot be double downed into another stock or another stock cannot be double downed into them. A maximum of 2+2 of the 6 units can be merged together. In other words, you can have two double downs at once with two other stocks that are not doubled - ie 4 stocks and 6 units.
--- A maximum of two double downs are allowed per contest.
--- You cannot double down until one week have passed - after the close of Thursday, May 26th - which will allow it to be in effect as early as May 30th - one week into the contest.
--- Only stocks that meet the earnings rule, the volume rule and the .25 rule can be double downed into.
15) Buy a Transaction: These are additional transactions beyond the four free ones. The first transaction costs 3%. The second transaction costs 5%. The third transaction costs 10%.
16) Any stock - whether frozen or not - can be traded for cash, or another stock. In all cases, the value of the entity that you are trading away must be reinvested in total into the new entity.
17) There will be one Wild Card allowed. One of your picks can deviate from the VMC rule - either in terms of earnings or in terms of being a non-reporting pinky.
18) You are only allowed up to two short positions.
SHORT POSITIONS: A short position must take the form of any ETF. Shown below are four double-beta shorts against the corresponding index...
--- QID: Nasdaq 100
--- SDS: S&P 500
--- MZZ: S&P MidCap 400
--- DXD: Dow Jones Industrial Average
and one single beta short.--- DOG: Dow Jones Industrial Average
19) A stock does not trade the day AFTER you pick it.
Trade: If one stock trades - whether Stock A (Sell) Or Stock B (Buy) you get a cash position and a transaction is used. If neither stock trades, the transaction is void.
Freeze: If you freeze a stock, whether it trades the following day or not is irrelevant. The freeze takes affect.
Unfreeze: If you unfreeze a stock, the unfreeze is voided and no transaction is used.
20) The 15% rule is designed specifically to discourage picking stocks that have low liquidity. Thus risk is associated with shooting the moon on a potentially bogus trade. However, this rule is NEGATED if the first trade the following day has a dollar volume of at least $50,000 OR if the stock ends above +15% on $100,000 in dollar volume.
---If you make a trade, and the stock you bought opens the next day up 15% or more on no news (and closes above 15%), the trade is voided. The stock you sold turns into cash. 1 Transaction used.
---If you unfreeze a stock and it opens the next day at 15% or more on no news (and closes above 15%), the trade is voided. 1 Transaction used.
---If you sell or freeze a stock and it opens the next day down 15% or more on no news (and closes below 15%), the trade is voided. 1 Transaction used.
-- Own ABC. You sell or freeze. It opens +15%+. Irrelevant
-- Own ABC. You sell or freeze. It opens -15%+. Rule applies
-- Don't own ABC. You buy or unfreeze. It opens +15%+. Rule applies
-- Don't own ABC. You buy or unfreeze. It opens -15%+. Irrelevant
21) If a stock is halted for any reason and a person freezes it during the time it is halted, their price for the contest will be whatever it is frozen at AS LONG AS it remains frozen until the contest ends. Otherwise, the price will be the close of the first day of trading after the halt is lifted. Also, you cannot use those funds to buy or trade into any other stock while it is halted - just as in real life.
22) Fill/Kill will be offered to anyone who wants to not have to watch the screen every day. It will be for one week only and only one at a time per person. It is based on closing prices. Explanation of Fill/Kill: http://www.investorshub.com/boards/read_msg.asp?message_id=11239102
23) If a company gets sold during the contest, all normal rules apply. See this post. http://www.investorshub.com/boards/read_msg.asp?message_id=11259177
24) DIGIRULE: This is a rule that comes into play only at the very end of the contest and only if the championship is on the line. It is designed to prevent extremely small dollar trades from affecting the outcome.
25) The deadline for all transactions is one week before the end of the contest. A freeze (no longer a transaction) can be made up to the last day.
EARNINGS REQUIREMENT: To qualify, a stock (other than the wild card) must meet VMC earnings rules which are explained in the IBox on the VMC board http://www.investorshub.com/boards/board.asp?board_id=3251 Essentially, it means that a stock must report** quarterly for at least a year or as long as it has been public. No exceptions. Secondly, the company must have earnings in the most recent quarter - or if not, more earnings than losses in the most recent two quarters - or if not, more earnings than losses in the most recent three quarters - or if not, more earnings than losses in the most recent four quarters. In other words, there must be some interval of time (1, 2, 3 or 4 quarters) where the company has positive earnings.
**"Reporting" can be done via a number of ways: SEC filings, PR's, Website or Pinksheets.com.
PSL1 - PSL12 PERCENT RETURNS
AVG. AVG. WINNER #5 #10 #20 #40
PSL1 28% 28 95 68 62 48 25
PSL2 26 22 111 89 64 44 26
PSL3 -4 -5 45 21 12 5 -5
PSL4 15 14 58 44 39 24 15
PSL5 23 19 156 61 54 34 20
PSL6 -2 -1 36 27 20 11 1
PSL7 8 4 68 49 39 22 4
PSL8 -3 -5 40 21 12 3 -4
PSL9 -12 -14 55 22 10 -2 -14
PSL10 -41 -46 68 -6 -24 -36 -44
PLS11 8 12 62 37 28 15 5
PSL12 35 30 141 72 61 36 12
PSL13 31 33 129 67 54 42 14
PSL14 11 2 204 36 28 16 -4
PSL15 -5 -8 47 15 4 2 -11
DIFFERENTIAL BETWEEN HIGH AND LOW
HIGH LOW DIFF
PSL1 + 95.16% -38.54% 133.70%
PSL2 +111.44% - 9.42% 120.86%
PSL3 + 45.32% -32.03% 77.35%
PSL4 + 57.95% -24.05% 82.00%
PSL5 +156.22% -27.99% 184.21%
PSL6 + 35.69% -31.45% 67.14%
PSL7 + 68.11% -29.28% 97.39%
PSL8 + 40.49% -33.21% 77.70%
PSL9 + 54.52% -56.07% 110.59%
PSL10 + 68.10% -69.62% 137.72%
PSL11 + 62.16% -35.81% 97.97%
PSL12 +141.02% -32.42% 173.44%
PSL13 +129.32% -14.40% 143.72%
PSL14 +203.76% -28.08% 231.84%
PSL15 + 46.99% -31.54% 78.53%
PSLs 1-10 versus the Wilshire 5000: http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=34164230
MR. SHEEP W/O Cash COMPARISON PERFORMANCE
PSL1 PSL2 PSL3 PSL4 PSL5 PSL6 PSL7 PSL8 PSL9 PSL10 PSL11 PSL12 PSL13 PSL14 PSL15
Mr. Sheep 68% 68% 4% 12% 5% 21% 26% -2% +31% -48% +5 +40% +72% -11% +3%
Avg. Portfolio 28% 26% -4% 15% 23% -2% 8% -3% -12% -41% +8 +35% +31% +11% -5%
Differential +40% +42% +8% -3% -18% +19% +18% +1% +43% - 7% -3 + 5% +41% -22% +8%
Mr. Sheep Rank 6 8 22 47 64 7 15 31 3 57 40 17 5 47 13
A word from MR. SHEEP: .................... http://www.investorshub.com/boards/read_msg.asp?message_id=9295177
MR. SHEEP Himself: .......................... http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/ArchOLD/1086136023.
MR. SHEEP Explanation: .................... http://www.investorshub.com/boards/read_msg.asp?message_id=9314314
Complete MR. SHEEP Ratings: ............ http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=41226169
Foreign stock allowance...................... http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=41225483
How to calculate your returns............... http://www.investorshub.com/boards/read_msg.asp?message_id=9485251
Excuses for doing poorly...................... http://www.investorshub.com/boards/read_msg.asp?message_id=9560461
PSL TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS
PSL1 : No tournament
PSL2 : Lentinman over Digitech
PSL3 : Cl001 over MikeS
PSL4 : Cl001 over Bobwins
PSL5 : Cliff over Kipp
PSL6 : TMCal over Valuemind
PSL7 : Stevenrisk over Bobwins
PSL8 : Swick over SWB
PSL9 : Gilead over MikeS
PSL10: Bucfan over Gilead
PSL11: 2Morrow over Worthylion
PSL12: ABH3VT over R59
TERMINATED AFTER 12 CONTESTS
ALL SIX UNITS POSITIVE
PSL1 : 10Bagger, SkepticalOptimist
PSL2 : Kipp, Lentinman, Linuspop, Pattydady, Pnnymn, Researcher59, RRainman
PSL3 : Cl001, Mike056
PSL4 : 10Bagger, BlueBear, Cliff, Kipp
PSL5 : 10Bagger, Nelson, Southacres, Arnie, Cliff, Roguedolphin, SWB173, CRKranz, JustForFun, Rsadey, WillLyons
PSL6 : None
PSL7 : 10Bagger, Fructose, Gilead, Lentinman, MichaelT
PSL8 : Researcher
PSL9 : None
PSL12: 10Bagger, Gilead, Larrybaz, MichaelT, MikeDDKing, Northernlight, Reasearch59, Stiffler, SWB173, Valuemind
PSL13: ABH3VT, Digitech, Northenlight, Knowledge, StanU
You must be logged in to give a plus1 award.