big board solar stocks...
AKNS ASTI CSIQ CSUN CTDC EMKR ENER ESLR DSTI FSLR HOKU JASO LDK RSOL QTWW SOL SOLF SOLR SPIR SPWRA STP STRI TSL WFR YGE
OTC-BB and pink solar stocks...
APSOQ AWSL BSRC CHPO CNUV CSKH CSOL ENSL ESRG HGUE ICPR NENE PTOS SESI SLTZ SOEN SOPW SSLR TSSP XSNX
big board solar stocks...
OTC-BB and pink solar stocks...
#board-6812 - AKNS - Akeena Solar, Inc. http://www.akeena.net --- AS:50M --- OS: 23.6M as of 8/31/07
* Akeena Solar completed a reverse merger transaction with Fairview Energy Corp, on 8/25/07
* The Company is a designer and integrator of solar power systems. It markets, sells, designs and installs systems for residential
and small commercial customers, sourcing components, such as solar modules and inverters from manufacturers.
*Q3 Rev's $8.1M up 125% over 2006's Q3 $3.6M (released 11/14/07)
#board-8687 - ASTI - Ascent Solar Technologies Inc. http://www.ascentsolar.com -- AS: 75M -- OS: 11.2M 9/30/07
As of October 23, 2009, there were 26,558,798 shares of our common stock issued and outstanding.
Ascent Solar is a development stage company that was formed in October 2005 to commercialize certain photovoltaic ("PV") technology
developed by ITN Energy Systems, Inc. ("ITN") for extraterrestrial, terrestrial, and near-space applications. Ascent Solar
intends to be the first company to manufacture large, roll format, PV modules in commercial quantities that use a highly efficient
thin-film Copper-Indium-Gallium-diSelenide ("CIGS") absorbing layer on a flexible high-temperature plastic substrate. We have produced and
tested small-scale demonstration samples of our CIGS PV products at the laboratory level, but we have not yet produced any products
in commercial quantities, nor have we yet received any revenues from the proposed products that we intend to commercialize as our principal
business activity. We currently are establishing a 500kW/yr per shift (1.5MW) pilot-scale production line that is on schedule to begin operations
in the first quarter of 2008.
#board-3181 - AWSL- Alantic Wind & Solar Inc. http://www.atlanticwindandsolar.com
BSRC - #board-9249 -- BioSolar, Inc. http://www.biosolar.com --- AS:500M --- OS:129M (9/30/07 10Q)
* Q3 Net Loss increased by $109,100, or 162.55%, to $176,219
* began operations on April 25, 2006 to develop and market a solar cell technology to produce bio-based plastic backsheets, substrates,
superstrates, module, panel components from renewable plant resources and the eventual expansion of such products to the building materials.
* During October 2007, the Company issued 1,229,000 shares at $0.20 per share pursuant to Rule 506 of Regulation D
CHPO - #board-9683 - Clean Hydrogen Producers Ltd. http://www.clean-hydrogen-producers.com - OS: 20.44M (per website) - pink
* based in Switzerland
* a development phase company to crack the water molecule via solar energy into hydrogen and oxygen.
* advantages are that it is efficient, cheap in production, modular and allows storage of energy for later release.
* $1M PIPE (1/15/07)
* R/M into American Associates Group, Inc. (AASG) on 6/11/07
#board-11151 - CSIQ - Canadian Solar Inc. http://www.csisolar.com -- OS:27.3M --- Float: 7.7M (per yahoo, foreign security)
* Q3 net revenues of $97.4 million, a 61% increase over Q2 net revenues of $60.4 million (11/14/07)
* Q3 earnings per diluted share of $0.02 compared to Q2 loss per diluted share of $0.11
* incorporated in Canada and conducts all of its manufacturing operations in China.
#board-11635 - CSKH - Clear Skies Solar, Inc. --- Common AS:100M - OS:6.15M (Nov 26, 2007) --- Prefered AS: 10M OS:0
9.19230769:1 Forward split on 1/7/08
REGDEX filed 1/04/08 [Paper]Notice of Sale of Securities - Regulation D
A developer of solar products and a full-service integration company specializing in the turnkey installation of commercial photovoltaic (PV) solar systems and residential systems
Wed, Jan 16, 2008 - 9:01 AM Renewable Energy Stocks; Newly Listed Solar Stock, Clear Skies Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: CSKH) - Marketwire
Tue, Jan 15, 2008 - 6:03 AM Clear Skies Group's Solar Energy Installation to Power Hawthorne Machinery Headquarters - Business Wire
Thu, Jan 10, 2008 - 6:05 AM Clear Skies Holdings, Inc. Hires PR Financial Marketing - Business Wire
Thu, Jan 10, 2008 - 6:01 AM Clear Skies Holdings, Inc. Completes Merger Transaction, Begins Trading under Symbol 'CSKH.OB'
#board-11152 - CSOL - China Solar & Clean Energy Solutions, Inc. http://www.delisolar.com --- AS: 66.7M ---OS: 6.2M
* SB-2 filed for 1M shares
* reverse merger, CSOL USA holds chinese solar companies
* Revenues: $35M 2006 - 3Q's of 2007 $25M (.06 eps)
#board-9482 - CSUN - China Sunergy Co. Ltd. http://www.n-pv.com --- AS: 500M --- OS: 104.5M (5/17/07 424-B4) (39.56M ADR shares)
* Revenue rose 33.1 percent to $49 million from $36.8 million. However, cost of goods sold took up 97.9 percent of revenue, up from 82.9 percent of revenue a year earlier.
* 2006 net income of $11.8 million
* In May 2006, Sunergy BVI sold 239,051 Series B preferred shares in a private placement for $28.0 million.
Exuberance Investment Limited, 192,095 shares --- Gersec Trust Reg., 21,344 shares --- China Environmental Fund 2004, LP, 25,612 shares.
* In September 2006, Sunergy sold 69,010 Series C preferred shares in a private placement for $20.0 million.
OZ Master Fund, Ltd., 18,517 shares -- OZ Asia Master Fund, Ltd. 20,094 shares -- OZ Global Special Investments Master Fund, L.P., 2,795 shares, and
Credit Suisse Private Equity Partners Asia, L.P., 27,604 shares.
A shares: Authorized: 12,847,300 --- Outstanding: 8,023,500
B shares: Authorized: 23,905,100 --- Outstanding: 14,935,300
C shares: Authorized: 6,901,000 --- Outstanding: 6,901,000
#board-5216 - CTDC - China Technical Development Group Corp.
http://www.chinactdc.com/english -- AS: 4.0B -- OS: 15.03M -- Float: 6.60M (per filings:, float from yahoo) -- T/A (718) 921-8124
Having entered the booming solar energy sector in 2007, CTDC is the pioneer producer of cutting-edge
thin-film technology in the Photovoltaic (PV) industry in China. In September, CTDC formed a
strategic partnership with a US based thin film PV company that has been involved in photovoltaics
for 30 years to manufacture and sell the proprietary SnO2 base plates, a key component of a-Si
(Amorphous Si) Thin Film PV products, which can optimize the performance of Building Integrated
Photovoltaic (BIPV). In addition, the Company manufactures and distributes PV application and
other energy-saving products. CTDC’s ultimate principal shareholder is China Merchants
Group (http://www.cmhk.com), one of the biggest state-owned conglomerates in China.
Revenue (ttm): 1.15M -- Total Cash: 5.56M -- Total Debt: 0 -- Mkt Cap (for $5.50 pps): 78.09M more... #msg-26515521
#board-3917 - DSTI - DayStar Technologies Inc. http://www.daystartech.com --- AS: 60M --- OS: 15.1M
* SB-2 registering 15M shares effective 10/25/07 - no rev's
* We have developed a proprietary thin film deposition technology for solar PV products that we believe will allow us to achieve a total module manufacturing
cost per watt of less than $1.00.
* We intend to manufacture monolithically integrated CIGS-on-glass modules to address near-term market opportunities, including grid-tied centralized
utility markets, as well as grid-tied decentralized commercial and residential markets. In addition, we will seek to develop CIGS on foil packaged
in flexible format for the emerging BIPV markets. We intend to begin installation of a 25MW manufacturing line at the beginning of 2008, with commercial
shipments beginning in 2009. To facilitate our entry into the addressable solar PV market, we have entered into a contract with Blitzstrom GmbH
that commits Blitzstrom to purchase a minimum of 50% of our production through 2011, subject to these products meeting defined performance criteria.
* Since inception of the development stage on July 1, 2005, our principal source of revenue has been from government funded research and development
contracts and grants.
#board-10591 - EMKR - EMCORE Corporation
http://www.emcore.com --- AS: 100M --- OS: 52M
* EMCORE's Photovoltaics segment provides solar products for satellite and terrestrial applications. For satellite applications, EMCORE offers high-efficiency compound semiconductor-based gallium arsenide (“GaAs”) solar cells, covered interconnect cells (“CICs”) and fully integrated solar panels. For terrestrial applications, EMCORE offers Concentrating Photovoltaic Systems (“CPV”) for utility scale solar applications
* We are a leader in providing solar power generation solutions to the global communications satellite industry and U.S. Government space programs (see #msg-26542645 )
#board-6305 - ENER - Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. http://www.ovonic.com/ --- AS: 100M -- OS: 40M (10/24/07)
* the Company’s co-founder and principal inventor, resigned as President in March 2007 and retired as an active employee and director of
the Company effective August 31, 2007
* Revenues from the company's solar business represented 89 percent of total revenues, or $41.9 million, a 33 percent sequential increase,
and a 76 percent increase over the prior-year quarter. The substantial increase in demand for UNI-SOLAR(R) laminates
* Fiscal year 2008 consolidated revenues are expected to be in the range of $220 million to $245 million
#board-11153 - EPOI - EPOD International, Inc. http://www.epodinc.com
-- AS: 200M -- OS: 79M (10KSB/A filed 11/28/07) -- Float: 15M (per PRE 14C filed 11/17/08) T/A (972) 612-4120
International solar electric energy company. EPOD is a Grid-Integrated, eco-power utility and
electric power systems provider. The Company's operations include the engineering and construction
of turn-key factories for solar panel production and material handling systems. Additionally,
the Company has subsidiaries involved in the manufacturing of inverters, rectifiers, energy
management systems, and solar panels.
EPOD International Inc. (“EPOD International”) completed a corporate reorganization on February 22nd, 2008
(the “Reorganization”) and began doing business as EPOD Solar Inc. (“EPOD Solar”), a company incorporated
under the laws of British Columbia. Following the Reorganization, EPOD Solar became a widely held private
company and the shares in EPOD International were de-listed from the Pink Sheets. The company understands
the importance of a having a liquid market for its securities, and is actively pursuing a strategy to effect this objective.
#board-5005 - ESLR - Evergreen Solar Inc. http://www.evergreensolar.com --- AS: 150M --- OS: 101.4M --- Preferred AS: 27.2M (as of 11/02/07)
Our revenues today are primarily derived from the sale of solar panels, which are assemblies of photovoltaic cells that have been electrically
interconnected and laminated in a physically durable and weather-tight package. We sell our products using distributors, systems integrators and
other value-added resellers, who often add value through system design by incorporating our panels with electronics, structures and wiring systems.
The primary applications for our current products is on-grid generation, in which supplemental electricity is provided to an electric utility grid,
but has in the past and is expected in the future to include off-grid generation for markets where access to conventional electric power is not
economical or physically feasible. Our products are currently sold primarily in the United States, Germany and Korea.
Revenues Our product revenues for the quarter ended 09/29/07 were $15.4M, a decrease of $20.8M, or 58%, from $36.2M for the quarter ended 9/30/06.
In May 2007, we completed a public offering of 17.25M shares of our common stock,
#board-9297 - ESRG - Electron Solar Energy http://www.electronsolarenergy.com --- AS:100M --- OS: 66.5M (as of 04/09/07, per pinksheets.com)
TA: 1st Global Stock Transfer LLC (702) 656-4919 --- (Formerly=Envigra, Inc. until 1-07) --- 1:75 R/S on 1/19/07
Electron Solar Energy, based in Miami, Florida, is engaged in the international distribution of alternative energy systems. The Company's turnkey
solutions provide solar and wind energy generation, as well as energy storage systems sold B2B and B2C worldwide. The Company also sells a proprietary
line of sealed batteries, inverters, converters, Solar Panels, Related components, and gas and diesel fuel generators.
#board-8401 - FSLR - First Solar, Inc. http://www.firstsolar.com --- AS: 500M --- OS: 78M
Revenues for 3Q'07 were $159.0M, up from $77.2 million 2Q'07 and up from $40.8M 3Q'06
#board-4399 Hoku Scientific http://www.hokuscientific.com
outstanding as of January 15, 2009: 21,094,899 AS:100M REV's:5.47M
#board-8095 - ICPR - ICP Solar Technologies Inc. http://www.icpsolar.com
#board-10320 - JASO - JA Solar Holdings co. Ltd. http://www.jasolar.com
#board-9981 - LDK - LDK Solar Co. Ltd http://www.ldksolar.com
#board-6937 - OCTL - Octillion Corp. http://www.octillioncorp.com --- AS: 100M --- OS: 51M (as of 6/29/07)
#board-5961 - OEGY - Open Energy Corp. http://www.openenergycorp.com - AS: 1.25B -- OS: 125M (per 10Q filed 10/08/07)
#board-???? - Real Goods Solar, Inc. - RSOL - http://www.realgoods.com/--- OS: 13,346,707 5/08/08 IPO 5.5M @ $10/share (IPO proceeds: $19.8 million)
Rev's: 2007: $12,114 2006: $16,812 2005: $18,922
#board-6078 - QTWW - Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. http://www.qtww.com
#board-6706 - SESI - SES Solar Inc. http://www.sessolar.com
#board-9900 - SLTZ - Solar Thin Films, Inc. http://solarthinfilms.com
#board-5805 - SOEN - Solar Enertech Corp. AS:200M - OS:78,827,012 - Rev's: $5.6M 2007 (ending 9/30) Cash: $913k
"As of the date of this Report, one semi-automated production line is in operation. Raw material consists of PV-grade silicon wafers."
$17.3M secured convertible note issued March, 2007
#board-11813 - ReneSola Ltd - SOL - http://www.renesola.com --- OS: 10M 1/25/08 IPO
* We are a leading Chinese manufacturer of solar wafers, which are thin sheets of crystalline silicon material
* We possess one of the largest solar wafer manufacturing plants in China based on production output in 2006
* Our customers: JA Solar Co., Ltd., Motech Industries Inc., Solarfun Power Holding Ltd., Suntech Power Co. Ltd. and Topco Technologies Corp.
* rev's: $5.1M 2005; $84.4M 2006; $52.1M 3Q's 2006; $152.9M 3Q's 2007
#board-8187 - SOLF - Solarfun Power Holdings Co. Ltd. http://www.solarfun.com.cn --- OS: 48M
The Company is a manufacturer of both photovoltaic, or PV, cells and PV modules in China. It also manufactures
and sells a variety of PV cells and PV modules using advanced manufacturing process technologies.
* 3Q revenue $100.6M, Q2: $60.8M, Q1: $25.1M
* 3Q earnings $0.17 per ADS
#board-13087 - SOLR - GT Solar International, Inc. - http://www.gtsolar.com/ - - OS: 30.3M -
* A Merrimack, N.H., manufacturer plans to go public at $15.50 to $17.50 a share. ...IPO -- 07/23/08
* GT Solar Incorporated is recognized world-wide for our manufacturing and integration of turnkey photovoltaic (PV) fabrication lines, PV manufacturing equipment, and as a supplier of reactors for Silicon production.
* With 30.3 million shares in the IPO, GT Solar will raise about $500 million via underwriters Credit Suisse and UBS Investment Bank.
* GT Solar reported net income of $36 million and revenue of $244 million for the first quarter of 2008.
* 97% of FY08 sales were in Asia... The co turned profitable in FY08 (ended Mar) after a loss in the year ago period.
* FY08 revenue jumped 305% to $244 mln
#board-10568 - SPIR - Spire Corp. http://www.spirecorp.com --- AS: 20M -- OS: 8.6M
* In the solar area, the Company develops, manufactures and markets specialized equipment for the production of terrestrial photovoltaic modules
from solar cells. The Company's equipment has been installed in approximately 190 factories in 46 countries. The Company also provides custom and
building integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) modules, stand-alone emergency power backup and photovoltaic systems integration services using
technology developed by the Company.
* JV with ("Gloria Solar"), a company organized under the laws of the Republic of China (Taiwan)
* Rev's $10.4M for 6 months ending 6/30/07
#board-10567 - SPWR - SunPower Corp. http://www.sunpowercorp.com/
SunPower is a majority-owned subsidiary of Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (NYSE: CY)
CY has unwound their ownership in SPWR
you now have SPWRA and SPWRB( the shares sold by CY)
Sunrise Solar Corp. http://www.sunrisesolarcorp.com/
9,612,744 shares of the registrant’s common stock issued and outstanding as of February 28, 2009.
SSC incurred a net loss of approximately $1,030,000 for the twelve months ended December 31 2008,
and had a working capital deficit of approximately $961,000 as of December 31, 2008.
#board-6624 - STP - Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. http://www.suntech-power.com
#board-6624 - STRI - STR Holdings Inc. . http://www.strholdings.com
#board-9626 - TSL - Trina Solar Ltd. http://www.trinasolar.com
#board-6326 - TSSP - Trendsetter Solar Products Inc. http://www.trendsetterindustries.com
#board-6476 - WFR - MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. http://www.memc.com --- OS: 229M --- Revenue (ttm):1.81B --- Debt: 32M --- Cash: $1.2B
MEMC produces its own supply of silicon wafers and sells to both solar and semiconductor industry. It is the largest pure-play maker
of silicon wafers producing 95% of all the polysilicon it uses to make wafers and is becoming a major producer of wafers for the industry.
#board-4340 - ENSL - Entech Solar, Inc. http://www.entechsolar.com OS:245M 11/2008
#board-3771 - XSNX - XSUNX Inc. http://www.xsunx.com
#board-9878 - YGE - Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Ltd. http://www.yinglisolar.com (Designs/manu/sells photovoltaic cells and modules)
34 Solar companies...
AKNS - #board-6812 -- Akeena Solar, Inc. http://www.akeena.net (Akeena is one of the largest national integrators of residential and small commercial solar power systems in the US)
ASTI - #board-8687 -- Ascent Solar Technologies Inc. http://www.ascentsolar.com (manufacturer of thin-film flexible photovoltaic modules)
BSRC - #board-9249 -- BioSolar, Inc. http://www.biosolar.com (replacing petroleum-based plastic solar cell components with durable bio-based plastics.)
CHPO - #board-9683 - Clean Hydrogen Producers Ltd. http://www.clean-hydrogen-producers.com (CHP solar energy principle is to crack the water molecule via solar rays into hydrogen and oxygen.)
CSIQ - #board-11151 - Canadian Solar Inc. http://www.csisolar.com (a major global provider of solar power products - manufacturing operations in China)
CNUV - #board-3853 -- China Nuvo Solar Energy Inc.(has acquired a license for exclusive worldwide rights to a unique solar cell technology)
CSUN - #board-9482 -- China Sunergy Co. Ltd. http://www.n-pv.com
CSIQ - #board-11151 -- Canadian Solar Inc. http://www.csisolar.com -- OS: 27.3M profitable manufacturer of solar cell, solar module and solar application products.
CSOL - #board-11152 - China Solar & Clean Energy Solutions, Inc. http://www.delisolar.com -- OS: 6.2M reverse merger - CSOL USA holds chinese solar companies
DSTI - #board-3917 -- DayStar Technologies Inc. http://www.daystartech.com --- AS: 60M --- OS: 15.1M -- SB-2 registering 15M shares effective 10/25/07 - no rev's
ENER - #board-6305 -- Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. (ENER) http://www.ovonic.com OS: 40M - Manufactures and sells thin-film solar laminates under the UNI-SOLAR(R) brand - $200M Rev's in '08
EPOI - #board-11153 - EPOD International, Inc. http://www.epodinc.com
ESLR - #board-5005 -- Evergreen Solar Inc. http://www.evergreensolar.com
ESRG - #board-9297 -- Electron Solar Energy http://www.electronsolarenergy.com
FSLR - #board-8401 -- First Solar, Inc. http://www.firstsolar.com
ICPR - #board-8095 -- ICP Solar Technologies Inc. http://www.icpsolar.com
JASO - #board-10320 - JA Solar Holdings co. Ltd. http://www.jasolar.com
LDK -- #board-9981 -- LDK Solar Co. Ltd http://www.ldksolar.com
OCTL - #board-6937 -- Octillion Corp. http://www.octillioncorp.com (transparent PV ‘NanoPower Window' - Scientists successfully engineered and assembled a mechanically stable, see-through prototype)
OEGY - #board-5961 -- Open Energy Corp. http://www.openenergycorp.com (photovoltaic roofing shingles)
QTWW - #board-6078 -- Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. http://www.qtww.com
SESI - #board-6706 -- SES Solar Inc. http://www.sessolar.com
SLTN - #board-9900 -- Solar Thin Films, Inc. http://solarthinfilms.com
SOEN - #board-5805 -- Solar Enertech Corp. http://www.solarenertech.com
SOLF - #board-8187 -- SOLF - Solarfun Power Holdings Co. Ltd. http://www.solarfun.com.cn
SOLR - #board-13087 -- GT Solar International, Inc. - http://www.gtsolar.com/
SPIR - #board-10568 -- Spire Corp. http://www.spirecorp.com OS: 8.6M develops, manufactures and markets specialized equipment for the production of PV modules
SPWR - #board-10557 - SunPower Corp. http://www.sunpowercorp.com/
STP -- #board-6624 -- Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. http://www.suntech-power.com
TSL -- #board-9626 -- Trina Solar Ltd. http://www.trinasolar.com
TSSP - #board-6326 -- Trendsetter Solar Products Inc. http://www.trendsetterindustries.com
WFR -- #board-6476 -- MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. http://www.memc.com (MEMC and Conergy Announce $7-$8 Billion Solar Wafer Agreement 10/25/07)
WWAT - #board-4340 -- WorldWater & Solar Technologies Corp. http://www.worldwater.com
XSNX - #board-3771 -- XSUNX Inc. http://www.xsunx.com
YGE -- #board-9878 -- Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Ltd.
David Gelbaum (Hedge fund hall of fame) and wife, Monica Chavez Gelbaum's "Quercus Trust" have sizable positions in: AKNS, ASTI, CSOL, DSTI, OEGY, OCTL, SPIR, WWAT (see post 55)
Private solar Companies:
http://www.envisionsolar.com (Transforming Parking Lots into Power Plants, Beautifully)
Solar info sites:
BIPV Building Integrated Photovoltaic Products
CIGS Copper Indium Gallium Selenide
Next Stop: Dow 25,000
2007 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15,200
2008 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17,252
2009 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19,581
2010 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22,224
2011 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25,224
diversified way to play alternative energy stocks is the Powershares Clean Energy (PBW) ETF.
New solar ETF, see #msg-28638756
Solar Stocks #board-11148
Peak Oil #board-6609
Coal Stocks #board-2809
Real Estate Bubble #board-7285
Real Estate Lender Implosion #board-10076
Your Economy #board-1948#board-12736