In April 2021, the miner kicked off lithium production from waste rock at a demonstration plant located at a borates mine it controls in California.
Rio took another step into the lithium market in March this year, completing the acquisition of the Rincon lithium project in Argentina for US$825 million, which has reserves of almost two million tonnes of contained lithium carbonate equivalent, sufficient for a 40-year mine life.
The miner has also approached some of the biggest investment banks asking for recommendations on both lithium companies and projects.
The company estimates that committed lithium supply and capacity expansions will contribute only about 15% to demand growth over the 2020-2050 period. The remaining 85% would need to come from new projects.
I call them the way I see them, if you disagree then the truth is hidden somewhere, and the truth will never be hidden for very long.
Spread the love. Be the first to like this post!
Recent GBMIF News
- Green Battery Minerals creates lithium-ion battery using esg-friendly graphene technology and enters into memorandum of understanding with graphene star, a uk graphene producer • InvestorsHub NewsWire • 01/23/2023 06:41:37 PM
- Green Battery Minerals Completes 2nd Drilling Program At Zone 6 Of The Berkwood Graphite Project • InvestorsHub NewsWire • 10/06/2022 05:19:47 PM
- Green Battery Minerals Mobilizes To Berkwood Graphite Property, Quebec, To Undertake 6th Drill Program • InvestorsHub NewsWire • 08/26/2022 01:13:07 PM
- Green Battery Minerals Receives Assays from Drilling into Graphite Outcrops on Zone 1. Intersecting 19.5 metres of 35.52% Grade Graphite and 51.20 meters of 22.61% Grade Graphite. • InvestorsHub NewsWire • 08/12/2022 10:07:48 PM
- Green Battery Minerals Reports New Graphic Outcrops On Zone 6 And Channel Sampling • InvestorsHub NewsWire • 07/15/2022 12:53:17 PM
- Green Battery Minerals Receives Assays From Drilling Into Graphite Outcrop On Zone 6. Intersecting 28.48 Meters Of 28.37% Grade Graphite. Proving Our Concept That Our Graphite Is Open To Depth • InvestorsHub NewsWire • 05/06/2022 12:44:33 PM
PSYC's CEO to Moderate Panel at Film Screening for ESPN's Upcoming Documentary, "Peace of Mind" • PSYC • Mar 29, 2023 8:30 AM
Fineqia's EEA Unit Receives Approval of Base Prospectus for Issuing Exchange Traded Notes (ETNs) • FNQQF • Mar 28, 2023 9:37 AM
Usha Resources Enters Hard-Rock Lithium Space with Acquisition of Significant Ontario Land Package with Highly Evolved LCT-Pegmatites • USHA • Mar 28, 2023 8:26 AM
Edison Lithium Provides Update on Spin-Out of Cobalt Assets • EDDY • Mar 28, 2023 8:09 AM
Epazz Holdings: ZenaDrone, Inc. 1000 AI Predictive Received a Letter of Support from the US Airforce for Drone Cargo Delivery and Intent to Use ZenaDrone 1000 Platform • EPAZ • Mar 28, 2023 7:11 AM
Metatron Releases All-in-One Artificial Intelligence Mobile Apps for iPhone and Android • MRNJ • Mar 27, 2023 9:00 AM