Home > Boards > US OTC > Delisted > Wave Systems Corp. (fka WAVXQ)
Followed By 5
Posts 1888
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 09/06/2006

Thursday, January 06, 2022 4:05:23 PM

Re: None

Post# of 247383
Recycling computers, electronics helps save planet

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/recycling-computers-electronics-helps-save-031700946.html

Jan. 4—Unwanted electronics and computer parts mean a little extra money for Shawn McCaig.

McCaig, a postal worker, spends his spare time recycling such items as servers, LCD monitors, cell phones, flat screen TVs and other electronic equipment.

"I don't make a lot, but I do make enough to buy groceries," he said. "It's a hobby that helps me make a little more grocery money."

He said he picks up equipment in bulk from businesses then breaks down the components in his barn north of Fort Gibson.

"I basically work a triangle from Tahlequah, Wagoner and Muskogee," he said.

McCaig said he doesn't charge to pick up the items. Nor does he buy the items.

"A normal guy that does what I do is going to charge $150 to 200," he said. "They're going to take this stuff and chuck it in the dumpsters."

He separates the circuit boards from the base metals.

"When I get enough to fill a trailer with the base metals, I take it to a scrap yard," he said.

He said he ships the circuit boards to places that buy them for further recycling. McCaig said he has buyers in Ohio and Florida.

"They're going to strip all the individual components off this board," he said. "They're going to refine it down for the precious metals that are inside."

The work also means a cleaner environment.

"A piece of electronic equipment today contains one of literally hundreds of toxic chemicals or elements that are dangerous to our environment," he said. "They go to a landfill, they get buried up. Over time, they break down, they get into the water stream. That pollutes the water. They pollute plant life. Obviously, the chemicals are bad for human beings and animals."

For example, magnetrons, which heat food in microwave ovens, contain beryllium, which could cause cancer if the dust is ingested, McCaig said.

"Electronics are full of this stuff," he said. "Being environmentally conscious, rather than throw this stuff in a dump and pollute the environment, this stuff can be repurposed. If it is reusable, it can be reused in a new life. If it is not reusable, it can be sent to a company that can break it down and repurpose it for a second product."
==================================================================
I think Methinks post #247018 is very important, and relevant to this post!

Securing computers with Wave, and activating built-in hardware security could delay 'recycling' or no recycling, and save on that cost, be more friendly to the environment, and have better security! And Wave could prevent the average cost of a data breach being $4 million! Using Wave makes security sense, cost sense, and environmental sense for its current and future customers. Using Wave solutions can protect your devices, data, and networks!

Invest in better security, invest in Wave solutions!
==================================================================
http://www.wavesys.com/

http://www.wavesys.com/contact-information

Contact Wave

Wave Systems
401 Congress Avenue
Suite 2650
Austin, TX 78701
sales@wavesys.com

Gold Customer Support:

goldsupport@wavesys.com

1-800-928-3638

Support:

support@wavesys.com

1-844-250-7077

Sales:

1-877-228-WAVE

FEATURED Emerging Markets Report: Details, Details May 18, 2022 11:48 AM

FEATURED American Green, Inc. ™ (OTC:ERBB) Purchases 40,000sq.ft. Cannabis Grow Building for $3,750,000 May 18, 2022 9:25 AM

FEATURED Grove Inc. Programmatic Ad Technology, Interactive Offers, Secures Milestone Patent May 18, 2022 9:11 AM

FEATURED AgriFORCE Growing Systems Completes Acquisition of Food Production & Processing IP from Manna Nutritional Group (MNG) May 18, 2022 9:11 AM

Demand Brands kicks off cultivation at Corralitos Farms DMAN May 18, 2022 2:00 PM

Green Battery Minerals Completes Resource Expansion Drilling at Zone 1 and Intersects Numerous Holes Ranging from 150 - 200 Feet of Graphite CZSVF May 18, 2022 9:19 AM

HPIL Holding Secures a $CAD 32 Million Capital Commitment from GEM Global Yield LLC SCS ("GEM") HPIL May 18, 2022 9:00 AM

Branded Legacy, Inc. Increases Revenue By Expanding In New York and Florida Company Adds New Disposable Vapes BLEG May 18, 2022 8:30 AM

Demand Brands enters $8.5 million agreement with Truleaf, Inc. to enter the live rosin market DMAN May 18, 2022 8:00 AM

Emergency Response Technologies Inc, a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of ILUS International (Ilustrato Pictures International Inc), Confirms the Appointment of Law Firm Lucosky Brookman LLP to Assist with Upcoming Plans ILUS May 18, 2022 7:35 AM

Can B Corp. Reports First Quarter Revenue Growth of 606% to $1.9 Million, the Highest Quarterly Revenue in Company History CANB May 18, 2022 7:26 AM

B2 Digital's B2FS 161 Full Production iPhone 13 Pro Max Movie to be Released Free to Viewers on YouTube Tonight at 7 p.m. ET BTDG May 17, 2022 12:30 PM

Kona Gold Beverage, Inc's Ooh La Lemin Lemonades to be Sold in Winn-Dixie Stores KGKG May 17, 2022 9:00 AM

HealthLynked Announces Acquisition of Aesthetic Enhancements, LLC, and Reports First Quarter 2022 Results Including a Significant Reduction in Net Loss HLYK May 17, 2022 8:00 AM

American Green, Inc. ™ (OTC:ERBB) Officially Acquires Vendweb - Supplier of its AGX Facial Recognition and Over- 21 Age Smart Vending Machine ERBB May 17, 2022 7:30 AM