Home > Boards > US Listed > Biotechs > Amarin Corp. PLC ADS (AMRN)

Hi bogatie,

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
MedResCollab Member Profile
 
Followed By 2
Posts 211
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 01/18/19
160x600 placeholder
Clinical Data and Other Research Results Regarding VASCEPA® (Icosapent Ethyl) and Its Unique Active Ingredient to Be Present... GlobeNewswire Inc. - 5/4/2021 7:00:00 AM
Amarin reports decline in Q1 revenue ahead of European launch of VAZKEPA Seeking Alpha - 4/29/2021 7:31:32 AM
Quarterly Report (10-q) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 4/29/2021 6:36:55 AM
Amarin EPS beats by $0.07, misses on revenue Seeking Alpha - 4/29/2021 6:16:54 AM
Amarin Reports First Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Provides Business Update GlobeNewswire Inc. - 4/29/2021 6:10:00 AM
Amarin Announces Planned Retirement of Joseph T. Kennedy, EVP, General Counsel GlobeNewswire Inc. - 4/29/2021 6:00:00 AM
Amarin Q1 2021 Earnings Preview Seeking Alpha - 4/28/2021 1:06:54 PM
UK approves Amarin's Vazkepa for cardiovascular risk reduction Seeking Alpha - 4/22/2021 11:22:31 AM
Amarin Receives Great Britain Marketing Authorization for VAZKEPA from the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agenc... GlobeNewswire Inc. - 4/22/2021 10:53:02 AM
Amarin to Report First Quarter Results and Host Conference Call on April 29, 2021 GlobeNewswire Inc. - 4/20/2021 6:05:00 AM
VASCEPA® (Icosapent Ethyl) Reported to Impact Vulnerable Coronary Plaque Features in New Analyses of EVAPORATE Study Present... GlobeNewswire Inc. - 4/17/2021 9:50:00 AM
Amarin: Could the New CEO Help Vazkepa’s European Push? TipRanks - 4/13/2021 3:05:37 PM
Amarin falls as new CEO may mean M&A less likely in the near term Seeking Alpha - 4/13/2021 8:08:18 AM
Amarin CEO John Thero to retire Seeking Alpha - 4/12/2021 4:36:21 PM
Amarin Announces CEO Succession Plan GlobeNewswire Inc. - 4/12/2021 4:30:00 PM
Amarin Commences Commercial Initiatives for VAZKEPA in European Union Following Recent Regulatory Approval for Cardiovascular... GlobeNewswire Inc. - 4/6/2021 6:05:00 AM
Amarin wins EU approval for icosapent ethyl to treat cardiovascular patients Seeking Alpha - 3/30/2021 7:42:41 AM
Amarin Receives European Commission (EC) Approval for VAZKEPA to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk GlobeNewswire Inc. - 3/30/2021 6:24:23 AM
Amarin announces clinical recommendations for Vascepa in Canada and Egypt Seeking Alpha - 3/29/2021 10:33:15 AM
Fifteen Medical Societies Now Recommend Icosapent Ethyl to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk, Further Supporting that VASCEPA® is R... GlobeNewswire Inc. - 3/29/2021 7:00:00 AM
Nextech AR (OTCQB: NEXCF) Doubling Sales - Emerging Growth Report InvestorsHub NewsWire - 3/24/2021 6:45:37 AM
HLS Therapeutics highlights promising VASCEPA data analysis Seeking Alpha - 3/17/2021 11:55:39 AM
VASCEPA® (Icosapent Ethyl) Found in Prespecified and Post Hoc Analyses to Significantly Reduce Stroke in At-Risk Patients in... GlobeNewswire Inc. - 3/17/2021 11:30:00 AM
Amarin Q4 results led by strong Vascepa sales Seeking Alpha - 2/25/2021 9:48:43 AM
Current Report Filing (8-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 2/25/2021 6:07:01 AM
MedResCollab   Wednesday, 07/10/19 03:28:15 PM
Re: bogatie post# 200895
Post # of 339267 
Hi bogatie,

A great question. If you examine the effects of different doses of statins you’ll notice that between nothing at all and low dose—let’s use atorvastatin 10 mg as example—a marked reduction in LDL-C occurs. About 35% in our example. From there, the net reduction is greatly depreciated with every doubling of dose. The one study we cite shows about an approximate 5% further absolute reduction in LDL-C for every doubling of statin dose. So, 20 mg atorvastatin will cause about a 40% overall reduction from baseline, 40mg will result in about 45%, and 80 mg will result in about 50%. Thus a 15% further absolute reduction in LDL-C results from 8-fold the dose. Do you see the problem with the observed 10%-11% retrace from baseline at years one and two in particular in mineral oil placebo group? What might that signify? A multi-fold reduction in the absorption of statin dose.

Notice that in the TNT study both groups began on 10 mg atorvastatin. Then, one group was given 80 mg and experienced a further 14% absolute reduction in LDL-C. That was from 8-fold the dose. However, the RRR of the 80 mg group vs 10 mg dose group by end of study was 22%.

We highlight the fact that LDL-C began returning during the last years of the study as further evidence—not conclusive, but evidence—that statins were being attenuated, and with dropouts being common late in the study such a phenomenon would be expected. For instance as in ODYSSEY, etc.

Regards,
-MRC


...
Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist
Consent Preferences