Since the beginning of 2002, the major American indices have posted modest gains. The Dow Jones has tacked on a healthy 22.5% while the NASDAQ and S&P 500 have gained 22.3% and 22.2% respectively.
The TSX-V spanked the pants off of all the world's major indices. Over the past five years the Venture Exchange is up:
* 10.3 times higher than England's FTSE 100;
* 10.1 times higher than France's Cotation Assistée en Continu 40 (CAC 40);
* 6.7 times higher than Germany's Deutsche Aktien Xchange 30 (DAX 30);
* 3.2 times higher than Japan's Nihon Keizai Shimbun 225 (Nikkei 225); and
* 2.9 times higher than Hong Kong's Hang Seng
With the index gaining 202.5% in just five years, you can just imagine the kinds of eye-popping returns some of the individual companies on the TSX-V have posted. Some of these include:
* CV Technologies Inc. - a gain of 9,301.3% in under three years;
* Seabridge Gold Inc. - a gain of 2,764.3% since April 2002;
* Energy Metals Corp. - a gain of 5,858.3% since September 2003;
* ECU Silver Mining Inc. - a gain of 5,983.3% in under three years;
* Laramide Resources Ltd. - a gain of 7,403.1% since May 2004;
* Exxel Energy Corp. - a gain of 7,217.7% in under a year; and
* Mega Uranium Ltd. - a whopping gain of 14,880.7% since June 2003
* Canaco Resources - a gain of 29,750% since Dec 2008
* ATAC Resources Ltd - a gain of 8,471% since Dec 2008
Just so you know...had you invested a modest $10,000 in each of these companies before they made their big moves, your net profit would have been over $5.27 million!
TSX.v Most Active:http://www.stockhouse.com/tools/?page=%2FfinancialTools%2Fmostactive%2Easp%3Fexchange%3DTSX%2DV
TSX.v Top Gainers:http://www.stockhouse.com/mostactives/index.asp?type=winners&exchange=TSX-V
TSX.v Top Decliners:http://www.stockhouse.com/mostactives/index.asp?type=losers&exchange=TSX-V
TSX Venture Info
I would like to add a tribute to a legend on the former VSE,Murray ''the pez"Pezim.This man single handedly revived the VSE on numerous occaisions.His last hurrah was Eskay Creek in1989.Murray wherever you are my friend,may you rest in peace.
For all you VSE nostalgia buffs,read "Rampaging Bulls" by Alexander Tadich,an oldie but a goodie lol