All are welcome to post here, but there are certain criteria to be considered an "old timer".
How do you know whether you're an old timer? Well, if you pass any of the tests below, you probably qualify.
You might be an old timer if:
1. You were ever required to buy a slide rule for a class.
2. You learned to program on punch cards because that was the only option.
3. You studied the Cuban revolution in current events class.
4. You voted in the Nixon-Kennedy election.
5. You watched the Beatles first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show live, not just in reruns.
6. You don't get asked to show your AARP card anymore to get your senior discount.
This thread welcomes old timer jokes of the general format (with apologies to what's-his-name):
If you still wonder where the yellow went . . . you might be an Old Timer.
If you forget what you're going upstairs for before you even get to the landing . . . you might be an Old Timer. Welcome aboard. Have a look-see between naps!
With special thanks to MNFATS.
Old Timers Club theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLdUeQ9yFW0&feature=related