Planet Fitness, Inc., through its subsidiaries, franchises and operates fitness centers. The company operates in three segments: Franchise, Corporate-owned stores, and Equipment. The Franchise segment is involved in the franchise of fitness centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. The Corporate-owned stores segment operates corporate-owned stores in the United States and Canada. The Equipment segment engages in the sale of fitness equipment to franchisee-owned stores. As of March 31, 2015, the company had 976 stores, which include 919 franchised stores and 57 corporate-owned stores located in 47 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Planet Fitness, Inc. was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire.
• 918 stores as of December 31, 2014, compared to 389 as of December 31, 2010, reflecting a compound annual growth rate (“CAGR”) of 23.9%;
• 6.1 million members as of December 31, 2014, compared to 2.3 million as of December 31, 2010, reflecting a CAGR of 27.6%;
• 2014 system-wide sales of $1.2 billion, reflecting a CAGR of 30.1%, or increase of $774.3 million, since 2010;
• 2014 total revenue of $279.8 million, reflecting a CAGR of 32.0%, or increase of $187.5 million, since 2010, of which 3.6% is attributable to revenues from corporate-owned stores acquired from or sold to franchisees since 2010;
• 33 consecutive quarters of system-wide same store sales growth (which we define as year-over-year growth solely of monthly dues from stores that have been open and for which membership dues have been billed for longer than 12 months);
• 2014 Adjusted EBITDA of $100.6 million, reflecting a CAGR of 45.3%, or increase of $78.0 million, since 2010; and
• 2014 net income of $37.3 million, reflecting a CAGR of 22.6%, or increase of $20.8 million, since 2010. Our historical results benefit from insignificant income taxes due to our status as a pass-through entity for U.S. federal income tax purposes, and we anticipate future results will not be consistent as our income will be subject to U.S. federal and state taxes.
Planet Fitness, Inc.
26 Fox Run Road
Newington, NH 03801
United States - http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr="26%20Fox%20Run%20Road&csz=Newington%20NH%2003801&country=United%20States"" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=26%20Fox%20Run%20Road&csz=Newington%20NH%2003801&country=United%20States" rel="nofollow">Map
| ||Pay ||Exercised |
|Mr. Chris Rondeau , 42 |
Chief Exec. Officer and Director
|1.09M ||0.00 |
|Mr. Dorvin D. Lively , 56 |
Chief Financial Officer
|728.00K ||0.00 |
|Mr. Richard Moore , 44 |
Chief Admin. Officer and Gen. Counsel
|454.00K ||0.00 |
|Amounts are as of Dec 31, 2014 and compensation values are for the last fiscal year ending on that date. Pay is salary, bonuses, etc.Exercised is the value of options exercised |
Planet Fitness is an American franchise of fitness centers based in Newington, New Hampshire. Each gym features exercise equipment and fitness instructors to assist its members. It markets itself as a "Judgement Free Zone" that caters to novice...
Planet Fitness is an American franchise of fitness centers based in Newington, New Hampshire. Each gym features exercise equipment and fitness instructors to assist its members. It markets itself as a "Judgement Free Zone" that caters to novice and casual gym users. Planet Fitness opened its 500th location on December 27, 2012.
The fitness club was founded in 1992, when Michael Grondahl acquired a financially struggling gym and dramatically reduced prices to compete against better-known brands. This low-cost business model focuses on the needs of occasional or first-time health club members, rather than more experienced members.
There are 53 corporate-owned gyms, with the rest being independently owned and operated. The franchise is concentrated mostly in the Northeast, but has expanded into a nationwide franchise. The Franchise has been added to the Inc. 500 list.
In 2011, the co-founding Grondahl brothers were still leading the company, along with Chris Rondeau, who started out as the CFO (chief financial officer). More specifically, as the company continued to grow, the roles underwent some changes. Currently, Michael Grondahl serves as a board member, Chris Rondeau serves as CEO, and Mark Grondahl serves as CFO.
In the Fall of 2013, the Planet Fitness franchise gained a new partnership with TSG Consumer Partners LLC. This partnership was negotiated and completed in just 30 days with the help of Richard Moore, who is currently the general counsel and chief administration officer for Planet Fitness.
Planet Fitness currently has 1000 locations with an estimated 6 million members across 48 states in the U.S.
In December 2014 Planet Fitness opened their first international location in Toronto, Canada. The second Toronto location opened in early 2015.
As of January 2012, it is the national gym sponsor of NBC's reality show, The Biggest Loser. The contestants on the show will work out on Planet Fitness equipment while at The Biggest Loser Ranch in Calabasas, California, and then at Planet Fitness gyms near their homes, working with Planet Fitness fitness instructors.
In March of 2013, Planet Fitness partnered with 50 Cent to sell his energy drink "Street King"
UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION Form S-1 (REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933)