Biostar Pharmaceuticals, Inc., through its subsidiary, Shaanxi Biostar Biotech, Ltd., discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceutical products, and nutrient products for various diseases and conditions in the People's Republic of China. Its primary product is Xin Ao Xing Oleanolic Acid Capsule, an over-the-counter medicine for chronic hepatitis B. The company's products also include Ganwang compound paracetamol and amantadine hydrochloride capsule for the relief of common cold, runny nose, sore throat pain, headache, and fever; and Tianqi Dysmenorrhea capsule, a traditional Chinese medicine used for the treatment of pain and other symptoms associated with menstruation. Its prescription pharmaceutical products comprise Danshen granule for the treatment of coronary heart disease, myocarditis, and angina pectoris; and Taohuasan pediatric medicine for the treatment of bronchial congestion and coughs in children. In addition, the company holds licenses to produce and sell 13 nutrient products. Biostar Pharmaceuticals sells its products to pharmacies directly, as well as through a network of 20 distributors. It has research and development agreements with Fourth Military Medical University Xijing Hospital State Drug Clinical Research Center to conduct clinical trial for new drugs. The company was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Xianyang City, the People's Republic of China.
- 2011-10-11 $17.43 Acquisition of Shaanxi Weinan Huaren Pharmaceuticals
- 2012-04-04 RS 1:3
- 2013-04-xx $4.34 New All Time Low
- 2015-08-xx $4.34 Going Lower
- 2015-09-30 $4.55 3Q2015 where Aoxin GMP Certification Issues Started, No Production
- 2015-11-23 $4.20 3Q2015 PR and SP sliding further
- 2016-05-02 RS 1:7, $1.08 New All Time Low in May 2016
- 2016-10-11 Launch a New Product Aimed at Treating Effects of Rhinitis and Sinusitis ($7.5M revs within 2 years starting in 2017?)
- 2016-10-18 Completes Previously Announced Registered Direct Financing - 425k shares @ $4.55/sh & 212.5k Warrants @ $5.55/sh
- 2017-08-28 Receipt of Nasdaq Continued Listing Deficiency Notice - 2Q17 10-Q lagging
- 2017-12-04 Regains Compliance with NASDAQ Continued Listing Requirement - 2Q17 & 3Q17 10-Q filed
- 2018-01-21 Week O $2.15 L $2.02 H $5.97 C $3.32
- 2018-01-29 Liao Huiping from Shaanxi Aoxing Pharmaceutical promoted to BOD
- 2018-01-31 Shaanxi Aoxing Pharmaceutical Renewed its GMP Certification - Resume production in coming months, preparations ongoing (PR'ed 2018-02-07)
- 2018-02-11 Week O $5.00 L $3.76 H $5.02 C $3.86
- 2018-02-21 Plans to Launch a New eCommerce Sales Platform completed by the end of March 2018 & launch during 2Q18 with production
Share Structure, Ownership
OS is 2.64M common shares (10-Q) as of 2017-11-20.
CEO Wang owns 0.4365M, Institutions own 0.0304M, increased by 21% last period.
Total of 0.4683M shares or 17.76% of OS held by insiders + tutes.
Free float is 2.1689M or 82.4% of OS
SI 2018-01-31 Declined: 0.0912M or 4.2% of 2.1689M float
SI 2018-02-15 Increased: 0.2161M or 9.96% of 2.1689M float
- $36.88M or $13.69/sh equity, including
- $26.58M or $10.07/sh deposit value, having $16.03M or $6.07/sh refundable
Historical Evaluation on using 12month MA and 10-K data + Projections + Deposit Details
(Using 12 month MA for stock price and hence MCAP)
Annual YoY Fundamentals using 12 month MA for lower stock price