|Goal: TO PROVIDE A FORUM FOR BOTH EXPERIENCED AND NOVICE TRADERS TO SHARE THEIR OPINIONS ON STOCKS TRADED ON THE BULLETIN BOARD OR PINK SHEET MARKETS, AS WELL AS THE BIG BOARDS. FUNDAMENTALS, NEWS, RUMORS ARE WELCOME, BUT FOR THE MOST PART, THIS BOARD WILL BE TO SHARE TECHNICAL ANALYSIS. TIMING IS EVERYTHING WHEN BUYING OR SELLING A STOCK, AND TECHNICAL ANALYSIS CAN OFTEN DETERMINE THE APPROPRIATE ACTION TO TAKE. |
ALL TECHNICAL INDICATORS ARE WELCOME. FOR NOVICE TRADERS, QUESTIONS ARE WELCOMED, AND SOMEONE WILL TRY AND HELP YOU WITH THE ANSWER. I WAS ONCE A NOVICE TRADER, AND KNOW THAT GUIDANCE WOULD HAVE HELPED ME SEVERAL YEARS AGO, SO I WOULD LIKE TO HELP YOU AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. -- i_like_bb_stock
Rules:1) Spam of any kind will not be tolerated
2) There will be times when posters are not in agreement, that is healthy, but please no personal attacks.
3) No specific price preference for the board but these are mostly OTC stocks.
4) Volume is the blood in a stock's veins, so I typically prefer stocks with historical volume, otherwise there is little liquidity for selling the stock if need be.
5) Posting charts and annotations if you have a service that provides it are highly welcome since this provides support for your buy/sell/hold signal.
6) As always, do your due diligence, and remember that there is high risk in these types of stocks. Never trade with money that you cannot afford to loose.
7) If the post is Off Topic, please post with OT prefacing the post.
Some relevent info:1) For SEC filings I use www.otcmarkets.com.
2) For daily charts I use www.stockcharts.com. There is a free service which is time delayed, and then different levels of paid service.
3) To post a chart from stockcharts.com, right click on the chart, click "Copy Image URL". Within the post, right click and click Paste. Remove "http://" then place the chart URL between these tags [*chart]URL[*/chart] (remove the asterisks)
4) For level II, there are various services, IHUB has its own services, individual brokers as well, I use TDAmeritrade, which offers free level II if you have an account.
5) I use equityfeed.com which is critical for any otc trader. It has level II as well, real time news, scanning, and a plethora of things that are needed as a trader. There are various price points based on your needs.
6) For a great listing of stock terms or investor information, use www.investopedia.com or www.investorwords.com.
7) For more info on chart formations, see http://www.chartpatterns.com and http://thepatternsite.com.
8) To find splits, symbol changes etc., use http://otce.finra.org/DailyList
9) Remember also to sell into strength and buy into weakness. When possible, try not to sell at the bid. When a stock is strong, you can usually at least get filled somewhere between the bid/ask, selling at the bid will often hurt the stock, since the market makers make take the bid down further afterwards.
10) For info on stockcharts.com, see the Stockcharts board on the Hub: http://www.investorshub.com/boards/board.asp?board_id=1277