Field Report, September 23, 2010
New pictures taken by Doug Evans while on his latest trip to Sierra Leone in August 2010 as well as shots from the spring have now been uploaded to our website. In addition to being able to visualize conditions, equipment and operations, our shareholders will be able to compare the difference in conditions between the dry and rainy seasons and have a better understanding of how the annual mining schedule is determined.
* SGCP is first and foremost a gold and diamond mining company. With gold’s increase of over $250 per ounce from last year, mining, exploration and further acquisitions remain our number 1 priority.
* We hope to have a better idea of river depths and possible starting time for full scale mining operations over the next 30 days. Once again we have equipment in country on location and are ready to start once conditions permit.
* We are very excited about the upcoming season and confident that the potential production numbers will be very positive.
* The corn harvest will commence within two weeks (the corn seen on the web site was picked specifically for demonstration purposes during the recent visit).
* Weeding of the rice acreage is ongoing with harvesting commencing in December During these weeding activities the company employs between 50-200 people daily, as labor is available.
* The sorghum crop is developing as expected and harvesting is expected to commence in December. Various marketing options
are under evaluation to determine best ways to maximize profitability on production.
* Peanut harvesting is under way as seen on the current web site photos and second cropping potential is being evaluated.
* With the climate conference in Cancun and the upcoming U.S. elections all taking place in November there is much uncertainty in what direction the Carbon Credit market will take. Given the above, the company has reviewed various options to fast-track its marketing potential and has been advised by third party consultants that taking the project to full validation offers the best chance to achieve this goal and therefore will continue to pursue this option.
John Semachko Jr.
Sierra Gold Corp http://www.sierragoldcorp.com/field_reports.php