Anika Therapeutics (ANIK on the Nasdaq) is a hidden gem -- these are just a few of the many positives out there going on for this biotech company that has soared more than 280% in 2013.
Check out the rest of their info. at their website www.anikatherapeutics.com ; IMO everyone should be taking a small position in ANIK over the next few weeks, either through buying the Common or by buying some Call Options;
- Business Overview - Anika develops, manufactures and commercializes therapeutic products for tissue protection, healing, and repair. Its products are based on hyaluronic acid ("HA"), also known as hyaluronan, a naturally occurring biocompatible polymer found in the body.
- Market Cap of about $455,000,000 as at Jan. 29, 2014,
- O/S of ONLY 14,000,000 shares and even lower float, with institutions and insiders holding greater than 65% of the float,
- They had more than $17M in Revenue, $5M in Net Income and more than $64M in cash alone from the quarter ending Sept. 30, 2013; 4Q and Full-Year 2013 earnings will probably be announced during the last week of Feb. 2014,
- Added to the S&P Smallcap 600 at the end of Nov. 2013; it forced institutions holding shares of companies in Biotech Indexes to buy into ANIK, causing the stock to soar from 31 to 38, before settling down to a current 33.
- On the FDA front, they have their flagship FDA-approved Orthovisc for the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee and various other joints; they are awaiting FDA approval of a single injection version, Monovisc, which decision is due out any day now !! It is currently sold in Europe and Asia; they have a product Cingal, their second single-injection osteoarthritis product under development, is based on hyaluronic acid material with an added active therapeutic molecule designed to provide broad pain relief for a longer period of time. It is currently undergoing clinical trials in the U.S., currently at the patient recruitment stage, with results to be made available later in 2014,
- In addition to the current outstanding staff at the company, in Oct. 2013, Anika Therapeutics appointed John W. Sheets Jr. Ph.D. as its Chief Scientific Officer. Dr. Sheets comes from Boston Scientific, where he was Sr. V.P. of Corporate Research.
Read up on Anika Therapeutics --- do your DD --- and you may find as I did an untappes gem of a company with amazing things on the horizon !!