Just catching up with the posts here. I can't believe I'm in the ballast or posterior or rump of this list. I haven't even had time to hone my "excuses" or "reasons" yet. I know many of our finest contestants are much better at making up these things so I need to have a "top 10" list from which to choose, just in case this trend continues. If a miracle happens, then feel free to use any of these
well here goes
10. My real picks always go up so why spend extra time on stupid contest picks. (add a few WAH WAH's here for emphasis.)
9. I would have sold all my picks the first day of the contest and added others each day, and so on and so forth, resulting in my real return for the month of January that is just humongous. I could show you this, but then I'd have to have Len kill you.
8. Being a contrarian, I decided to "boil" my picks instead of "freezing" them, resulting in returns that are inversely proportional to my real results.
7. I usually picks stocks without earnings or any value. That way the percentage gains are typically higher than this silly contest.
6. 83 is really 3 if you drop the 8.
5. Most of my portfolio consists of Pakistani stocks, with a few from that country (Khaziktztans??) where Borad of Ali G fame resides and the lazy people who run this contest refused to allow them. So far, I've made over 110% in January alone.
4. Oh, you need proof of 5? Well, silly you, their language has no English letters. Symbols are represented by a series of grunts so no way you can check on me. HAH HAH, jokes on you!!!
3. I kept my best picks to myself because I didn't want anyone to share in them or accuse me of P&D ing.
2. I copied bigpike's, swampboots' and beigeldogs' paper but they must have switched it when they handed it in. I changed their picks after that and that's why these great pickers surround me in the 80's.
1. For those who read every post, you will remember that Len appointed me asst moderator for 2 hours last time, allowing me to change all my picks to the best ones. I have enough money set aside to bribe him this time so that I will be back in the top 10 or better. As he never leaves his basement, $5 or a cap with a propellor, should suffice. If you don't believe me, check the posts from the first contest. I was as low as 77 and as high as 2. Thanks Len. What's your cap size?