Home > Boards > The Lounge > Humor/Jokes > Weird, Funny News & Jokes

Man sets fire to home by microwaving socks, undies

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
My2Cents Member Profile
 
Followed By 16
Posts 819
Boards Moderated 2
Alias Born 11/18/06
160x600 placeholder
My2Cents   Monday, 08/06/12 10:04:47 PM
Re: None
Post # of 2904 
Man sets fire to home by microwaving socks, undies

http://www.wral.com/news/strange/story/11397535/

LONDON — Note to self: A microwave is for leftovers, not your boxers.

British firefighters say they saved an apartment from destruction after its domestically challenged resident tried to dry his wet socks and underwear in a microwave oven.

The Dorset Fire and Rescue Service says firefighters rescued the man from his home and extinguished the kitchen blaze Monday.

The fire destroyed the appliance along with the two pairs of underwear and socks inside it, and caused smoke damage to the apartment in Weymouth, a town on England's southwest coast.

"The fire safety message here is to never put clothing of any kind in the microwave or an oven to attempt to dry them," the Dorset firefighters said in a statement.

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist
Consent Preferences