United Natural Foods, Inc. (MM) (NASDAQ:UNFI)
Today : Monday 14 May 2012
United Natural Foods Establishes Charitable Foundation to Support Healthy, Sustainable and Organic Food Systems
PROVIDENCE, R.I., May 14, 2012
PROVIDENCE, R.I., May 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- United Natural Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: UNFI) (the "Company" or "UNFI"), the leading national distributor of natural, organic and specialty foods and related products, today announced the establishment of a charitable foundation committed to supporting healthy, sustainable and organic food systems. UNFI Foundation (the "Foundation") is scheduled to launch on August 1, 2012.
The Foundation will work to fund innovative non-profit programs emphasizing a number of areas including sustainable agriculture and organic farming as well as initiatives designed to increase organic food production and consumption. The Foundation will also seek to fund educational programs to enhance awareness of the benefits of healthy food choices.
Melody Meyer, Vice-President of Global Initiatives for UNFI's subsidiary Albert's Organics, has been named Executive Director of the Foundation and will serve on its Board of Directors along with Steven Spinner, UNFI's President and Chief Executive Officer, Michael Funk, UNFI's Chairman of the Board, Thomas Dziki, UNFI's Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resource and Sustainability Officer, and Lisa Madsen, UNFI's Director, Sustainability & Philanthropy, Internal Communications.
UNFI has a long history of philanthropic endeavors including supporting the communities it serves and proactive support of sustainable agriculture and organic farming initiatives, labeling campaigns and nutritional education, including the Organic Trade Association, the Non-GMO Project, Organic Farming Research Foundation, Eco-Farm Conference, Mid-West Organic Sustainable Education Services and Vitamin Angels. "As we launch UNFI Foundation, we look to continue the advancement of socially responsible initiatives that protect the environment and foster stewardship of the land," commented Steven Spinner.
Beginning August 1, 2012, the Foundation will accept mission-specific grant applications from eligible 501(c)(3) organizations based in the United States. The Foundation's Board of Directors will consider each qualified application and expects to begin approving grants later this year. Preliminary information is available at www.unfifoundation.org and application guidelines will be updated later this year.
"The establishment of the Foundation speaks to UNFI's core values," added Melody Meyer. "This initiative provides another wonderful opportunity for UNFI to make a meaningful difference, right at the beginning, where it counts. Everything we do starts at the farm."
For additional information on the Foundation please visit www.unfifoundation.org or contact us at email@example.com.
About United Natural Foods
United Natural Foods, Inc. (http://www.unfi.com) carries and distributes more than 60,000 products to more than 23,000 customer locations throughout the United States and Canada. The Company serves a wide variety of retail formats including conventional supermarket chains, natural product superstores, independent retail operators and the food service channel. United Natural Foods, Inc. was ranked by Fortune in 2006 – 2010 and 2012 as one of its "Most Admired Companies," winner of the Supermarket News 2008 Sustainability Excellence Award, and recognized by the Nutrition Business Journal for its 2009 Environment and Sustainability Award.
For more information on United Natural Foods, Inc., visit the Company's website at www.unfi.com.
SOURCE United Natural Foods, Inc.
Please research all stocks before investing. My posts are my opinions and are not buy or sell recommendations. Always force abusive short sellers to cover above what you paid. Build wealth for fellow iHub'ers!
Spread the love. Be the first to like this post!
Recent UNFI News
- Jakubowitz Law Reminds United Natural Foods Shareholders of a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of May 19, 2023 • PR Newswire (US) • 03/31/2023 09:45:00 AM
- Statement of Changes in Beneficial Ownership (4) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 03/27/2023 11:07:09 AM
- Jakubowitz Law Reminds United Natural Foods Shareholders of a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of May 19, 2023 • PR Newswire (US) • 03/24/2023 09:45:00 AM
- Statement of Changes in Beneficial Ownership (4) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 03/23/2023 08:47:46 PM
- Current Report Filing (8-k) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 03/23/2023 12:01:49 PM
- Current Report Filing (8-k) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 03/22/2023 11:09:42 AM
- United Natural Foods Announces the Elevation of Two Leaders to Better Align Teams to Drive its Customer Centric Strategy and Transformation Plan • Business Wire • 03/22/2023 11:00:00 AM
- United Natural Foods Advancing Initiatives to Improve the Effectiveness and Efficiency of its Supply Chain • Business Wire • 03/15/2023 11:20:00 AM
- Quarterly Report (10-q) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 03/08/2023 09:34:54 PM
- Current Report Filing (8-k) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 03/08/2023 12:12:35 PM
- United Natural Foods, Inc. Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2023 Results • Business Wire • 03/08/2023 12:00:00 PM
- United Natural Foods to Release Fiscal 2023 Second Quarter Results on March 8, 2023 • Business Wire • 02/23/2023 09:15:00 PM
- ECRS and United Natural Foods Sign Agreement to Drive Growth and Efficiency for Grocery Retailers • PR Newswire (US) • 02/22/2023 06:14:00 PM
- United Natural Foods and ECRS Sign Agreement to Drive Growth and Efficiency for Grocery Retailers • Business Wire • 02/16/2023 12:40:00 PM
- Schedule 13g<br /> (sc 13g/a) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 02/10/2023 07:49:36 PM
- United Natural Foods Natural & Conventional Show Delivers Solutions to Help Grocery Customers Remain Competitive in Macro Environment • Business Wire • 02/09/2023 09:15:00 PM
- Amended Statement of Ownership (sc 13g/a) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 02/09/2023 05:26:23 PM
- Amended Statement of Ownership (sc 13g/a) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 02/09/2023 11:04:36 AM
- Statement of Changes in Beneficial Ownership (4) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 02/08/2023 09:51:16 PM
- United Natural Foods Supplier Diversity Efforts Help Build More Equitable Food System • Business Wire • 02/01/2023 09:15:00 PM
- UNFI Expands Wild Harvest Organic Produce Offering with Over 40 New Products • Business Wire • 01/26/2023 09:15:00 PM
- Statement of Changes in Beneficial Ownership (4) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 01/25/2023 10:17:48 PM
- Amended Statement of Ownership (sc 13g/a) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 01/23/2023 08:58:05 PM
- United Natural Foods to Showcase a Wide-Ranging, Innovative Portfolio of Products, Services, and Emerging Brands at Orlando Selling Show • Business Wire • 01/19/2023 09:15:00 PM
- United Natural Foods Releases Better for All Report for Fiscal Year 2022 • Business Wire • 01/09/2023 09:15:00 PM
FEATURED Tiziana Life Sciences Announces Anti-CD3 mAb Research for the Treatment of Alzheimer's Disease to be Presented by Dr. Howard Weiner at the International Conference on Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease and Related Neurological Disorders Conference • Mar 31, 2023 7:07 AM
ILUS Confirms Further Funding Arrangements and Note Settlement • ILUS • Mar 31, 2023 10:21 AM
Sigyn Therapeutics Announces Filing of 2022 Annual Report on SEC Form 10-K • SIGY • Mar 31, 2023 10:06 AM
ARway Secures Multiple New SDK Deals to Drive Growth in $44B Indoor Positioning and Navigation Market • ARWYF • Mar 30, 2023 10:30 AM
Nextech3D.ai Enters Asian Market with Major 3D Modeling Deal to Revolutionize E-Commerce • NTAR • Mar 30, 2023 10:00 AM
OMID Posts 2022 Annual Report and Provides Update • OMID • Mar 30, 2023 9:15 AM