Home > Boards > US OTC > Delisted > Heartland, Inc.(fka HTLJ)

I do think Terry was thinking of taking

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (2) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
koaman Member Profile

Followed By 1
Posts 29
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 12/05/10
160x600 placeholder
Warren Calls for Full Disclosure of Trading by Fed Governors; WSJ Survey Finds Inflation a Pressing Concern for U.S. Voters
Good day. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is keeping the heat on Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell, this time by sending him a letter calling for the timely release of information regarding financial trading by all Fed governors and reserve bank presidents who served from the start of last year until now. Delays in releasing such information, stemming from a controversy in which the leaders of the Dallas and Boston Fed banks were shown to have been trading in financial markets while helping to set monetary policy, "compound concerns about the Fed's lack of transparency and your commitment to seriously and fully addressing the Fed's broken ethics culture," the senator said in the letter. Meanwhile, inflation has emerged as a pressing concern for American voters, with majorities saying it is causing them at least some financial strain and is bound to get worse, a new Wall Street Journal poll finds.
U.S. Crude-Oil Stockpiles Likely Decreased in DOE Data, Analysts Say
Supernus Pharmaceuticals Resubmits NDA for Parkinson's Disease Treatment
Volkswagen Expects Chip Supply Shortages to Remain Challenging in 1st Half 2022
FTSE Rises, Transportation Stocks Fall on Potential Government Omicron Measures
Top Company News of the Day
Blackstone Buys Back $500 Million in Stock From Retiring Executive James
EUROPEAN MIDDAY BRIEFING - Stocks Rally Stalls for Now as Omicron Risks Weighed
FTSE Gains; Berkeley, Rivals Rise as Traders Shrug Off Price Fears
North American Morning Briefing: Futures Point to Modest Gains After Powerful Start to Week
Deutsche Post Names Tobias Meyer as CEO as of May 2023
FTSE 100 Rises as Berkeley Results Lift Housebuilders
Nestle Cuts Stake in L'Oreal With $10 Billion Deal -- Update
Centrica to Sell Spirit Energy's Oil & Gas Assets in Norway -- Update
Denmark to Launch Debut Green Bond in January, Will Apply 'Twin Bond' Method
FTSE 100 to Edge Lower After Recent Rally
Santander Increases Stake in Mexican Subsidiary
BHP Still Backs Worker Vaccine Mandate, Will Proceed With Reconsultation
Umicore, Volkswagen Set Up Joint Venture for Battery-Cell Materials
koaman   Sunday, 12/05/10 01:04:31 PM
Re: Omega3Man post# 2236
Post # of 3211 
I do think Terry was thinking of taking it private. He most likely checked with counsel and they said you can't make statements like this and then go private without getting hit with a lawsuit. "I know each of us, as shareholders, want increased share prices and I want to assure you Heartland’s Board of Directors are continually analyzing ways to increase shareholder value as well as its stock price" March 2010. You never know, he may still do it and settle with whoever come after him. One thing for sure, HTLJ is way undervalued. That was one of the things that Terry was frustrated about each time I talked with him. When Trent was still there they were ripped off pretty good by a PR guy who turned out a scammer. That left a bad taste in Terry mouth as far as promoting the company. Trent says Terry is great at running the business but terrible at PR. Hence almost no press or PR since Trent left. I think the numbers will speak for them selves one day. The steel business was a good move.

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (2) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist
Consent Preferences