TRTN DD Summary:
CEO Article: http://www.johnbordynuik.com/BusinessNiagaraMagazine.pdf
1. CEO, John Bordynuik, is a very well respected scientist with ties to NASA, MIT, numerous Fortune 100 companies, United Nations, US Army. Website: http://JohnBordynuik.com
2. Bordynuik has a very profitable private company that reads the 'unreadable', i.e. the over 50 million computer tapes from the early computer era (60's-80's). There is a wealth of information on those tapes, and he developed his own tape drives to read these degraded tapes.
3. He has a contract with NASA and gets paid $22 per tape to recover the data. They are processing about 700 tapes a day.
4. Their process can be used on any tapes, both legacy and current.
4. They have recently revolutionized their data recovery methods, and are exploring applying the technology to disk hard drives as well. Data recovery is a very lucrative business.
310 Holdings ===
In April, 2009, Bordynuik bought a public shell company, and moved most of the assets and production facilities from his private company into the public company. The public company now has a positive balance sheet, with revenues.
The company is fully reporting and compliant. Stock Symbol: TRTN
Share Structure: 53M OS, of which 40M Restricted is owned by Bordynuik. That leaves a float of only 13M shares.
The goal of the company is to move to the NASDAQ exchange within a few months. CEO will not consider FSing the stock until after it gets to NASDAQ, if then.
1. Existing machines are used in China, Thailand, Taiwan, etc to convert Plastic to oil.
2. Bordynuik discovered a catalyst that makes this process much more efficient.
3. After the data is recovered from these tapes (they weigh about 5 lbs each), they will be fed into the machine and converted back to the oil from which they came from in the first place.
4. The oil needs minimal refining, and will be sold into the diesel market. He already has buyers.
5. The whole process will be franchised across the country/world. The first franchise has already been bought.
6. The process will also recover oil from used tires.
7. Of course there is a huge amount of other waste plastic available to be converted to oil..
8. In larger metropolitan areas, the company will run it's own machines.
Bottom Line. ===
In 37 years of investing in stocks, I have never seen a more promising company. I am extremely excited about the prospects for TRTN.
Even the symbol has a nice way to remember it (That's Right, Top Notch).