Introducing Pearl Fractional
The fractional ablative laser perfected for photoaging.
What is the Pearl Fractional laser?
The Pearl Fractional laser aggressively treats the signs of photoaging in addition to a broad range of dermal imperfections. Long term improvement may be achieved with a single treatment and patients typically experience only one week of downtime.
Engineered to improve upon current fractional ablative products, Cutera's proprietary YSGG 2790 nm wavelength is unique in the category as it optimizes the ratio of ablation to coagulation. Pearl Fractional removes tissue through a series of microcolumns, while simultaneously stimulating new collagen growth through a controlled zone of thermal coagulation.
Traditionally, fine lines have been improved or eliminated through non-ablative or minimally invasive resurfacing procedures. However, there is a marked clinical need for a short downtime approach to treat diffuse facial photoaging, and/or cosmetic units, such as the upper lip and periorbital areas. Pearl Fractional's 2790 nm wavelength is aggressive enough to produce excellent results, yet predictable enough to deliver a high safety profile.
Mechanism of Action
Pearl Fractional's distinctive wavelength provides the perfect balance of ablation and thermal coagulation.
• 300 micron diameter spots maximize tissue ablation deep in the dermis
• Just the right amount of thermal coagulation controls bleeding
• A balanced approach optimizes patient results, treatment experience and downtime
• Deep dermal ablation (> 1 mm) for maximum results in one treatment (1)
• Thermal coagulation reduces operative bleeding (2)
• Controlled thermal damage and minimal necrotic tissue improves healing time (3)
• Fewer complications due to minimal thermal overlap http://www.cutera.com/product.asp?view=295