Ford Credit Integrates Interlink's ePad and Valyd's eSign To Automate Dealerships Throughout the U.S.
CAMARILLO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 5, 2002-- Interlink Electronics, Inc. (Nasdaq: LINK - news), the world's leading developer of intuitive interface technologies and solutions for business and home applications, announced today that Ford Credit, a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F - news), will deploy Interlink's ePad handwritten electronic signature solution at thousands of dealerships throughout the U.S. Ford Credit's ePad implementation, which includes the installation of eSign software from Interlink's industry partner Valyd Inc., will utilize electronic signatures to automate processing of some of its lease end documents.
Interlink's ePad e-signature solution is part of a system-wide transition from paper lease end documents to electronic lease end documents. The processing of thousands of lease end documents yearly will reduce operations costs by providing a handwritten electronic signature that is understood and accepted by the consumer, easy to use, and legally binding.
``Electronic signature solutions, like that offered by Interlink's ePad and Valyd's eSign signature software, are being deployed by larger companies to enable customer hand-signing of electronic forms and applications,'' said Srinivas Sreeramaneni, president of Valyd, Inc. ``Motivated by sharp reductions in processing costs and transaction times, companies are leveraging their investment in information systems to carry more revenue directly to the bottom line.''
``We are witnessing the beginning of a trend,'' added Rod Vesling, vice president of sales and marketing, electronic transactions, Interlink Electronics, ``a transition on the part of larger companies from paper to electronic documents at the brick and mortar level. Our ePad sales strategy targets exactly these opportunities as well as those created by government agencies and companies automating consumer forms, worldwide.''
Interlink Electronics' ePad solution captures the handwritten signature converting it to a biometrically-secure e-signature for use in electronic forms and transactions. By providing user-intuitive electronic signatures, ePad enables enhanced workflow, reduced operations costs and faster document processing times.
ePad e-signatures may be permanently bound into Microsoft® Word® documents, Outlook® e-mail messages, Adobe® Acrobat® PDF files, Internet documents, and many proprietary forms and transactions. ePad's e-signatures also contain a biometric handwriting profile that may be used to authenticate the identity of the signer. The ePad writing surface, which accepts signatures using any common stylus, has the natural feel of writing on paper.
About Interlink Electronics
Interlink Electronics, Inc. is the world's leading developer of intuitive interface technologies and solutions for business and home applications. Innovative products include electronic signature solutions for B2B, point-of-sale and consumer applications, interactive remote controls for business communications and broadband home entertainment markets, and integrated interface solutions for specialty and consumer electronics products.
Interlink Electronics' customers include Compaq, InFocus, Microsoft, Mitsubishi, NEC, Pioneer, Sanyo, Sharp, Sony, and Toshiba. In the electronic transactions market, the company's industry partners include Bluepoint Solutions, Cardiff, Communications Intelligence Corporation (CIC), Silanis Technologies, and Valyd Inc. Interlink Electronics maintains offices in Camarillo, California, Tokyo and Hong Kong, and is available online at http://www.interlinkelectronics.com/, or in Japan at http://www.interlinkelec.co.jp/.
About Ford Credit
Ford Credit is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company and is the world's largest automotive finance company. Now in its 43rd year, Ford Credit provides vehicle financing in 38 countries to more than 10 million customers and more than 12,500 automotive dealers. More information about Ford Credit can be found at http://www.fordcredit.com/.
Valyd is a leader in providing software solutions that verify ``who signed what, when, where and why.'' Headquartered in Campbell, CA (Silicon Valley), the company has delivered several product generations of signature capture/verification and document security products. Its eSign software development kit allows independent developer/integrators to add electronic signature authentication to their own software products and solutions. Valyd is available online at http://www.valyd.com.
From time to time the Company may issue forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. The following are among the factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements: business conditions and growth in the electronics industry and general economies, both domestic and international; lower than expected customer orders; delays in receipt of orders or cancellation of orders; competitive factors, including increased competition, new product offerings by competitors and price pressures; the availability of third party parts and supplies at reasonable prices; changes in product mix; significant quarterly performance fluctuations due to the receipt of a significant portion of customer orders and product shipments in the last month of each quarter; and product shipment interruptions due to manufacturing problems. The forward-looking statements contained in this document regarding industry and revenue trends, new markets, new product introductions, technology adoption, and future business activities should be considered in light of these factors.
Note to Editors: All registrations and trademarks are properties of their respective owners
Interlink Electronics, Inc. (805) 484-8855
Keith M. Roberts
Director, Corporate Communications
Spread the love. Be the first to like this post!
Recent LINK News
- Current Report Filing (8-k) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 03/23/2023 08:03:32 PM
- Interlink Announces Acquisition of Calman Technology Limited • PR Newswire (US) • 03/20/2023 01:00:00 PM
- Amended Statement of Beneficial Ownership (sc 13d/a) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 02/02/2023 09:44:03 PM
- Current Report Filing (8-k) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 01/25/2023 09:02:39 PM
- Current Report Filing (8-k) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 01/17/2023 09:06:29 PM
- Interlink Electronics Reports Preliminary Fiscal Year 2022 Results • PR Newswire (US) • 01/17/2023 02:00:00 PM
- Current Report Filing (8-k) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 01/13/2023 09:01:55 PM
- Current Report Filing (8-k) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 12/22/2022 09:01:40 PM
- Interlink Announces Acquisition of SPEC Sensors and KWJ Engineering • PR Newswire (US) • 12/19/2022 02:00:00 PM
- Current Report Filing (8-k) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 11/10/2022 09:06:49 PM
- Quarterly Report (10-q) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 11/10/2022 09:03:57 PM
- Interlink Electronics Reports Third Quarter 2022 Results • PR Newswire (US) • 11/10/2022 02:00:00 PM
- Peter Roussak Joins Interlink Electronics as Vice President and General Counsel • PR Newswire (US) • 09/19/2022 05:00:00 PM
- Gene Robin Joins BKF Capital Group and Interlink Electronics • PR Newswire (US) • 08/29/2022 06:00:00 PM
- Current Report Filing (8-k) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 08/11/2022 08:21:53 PM
- Quarterly Report (10-q) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 08/11/2022 08:20:13 PM
- Interlink Electronics Reports Second Quarter 2022 Results • PR Newswire (US) • 08/11/2022 01:00:00 PM
- Statement of Changes in Beneficial Ownership (4) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 07/19/2022 09:37:07 PM
- Statement of Changes in Beneficial Ownership (4) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 07/19/2022 08:17:30 PM
- Interlink Electronics Provides New Product and Technology Update • PR Newswire (US) • 07/06/2022 01:00:00 PM
- Current Report Filing (8-k) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 06/30/2022 08:01:52 PM
- Statement of Changes in Beneficial Ownership (4) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 06/16/2022 08:16:51 PM
- Interlink Electronics to Present at LD Micro Invitational Conference on Wednesday June 8, 2022 • PR Newswire (US) • 06/07/2022 01:00:00 PM
- Interlink Electronics (LINK) Receives a Buy from SVB Securities • TipRanks • 06/03/2022 03:18:12 AM
- Specialized Disclosure Report (sd) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 05/20/2022 08:01:49 PM
Hollywall Entertainment Inc., (OTC:HWAL) Announces the completion of its 2021 and 2020 Audit (s) • HWAL • Mar 24, 2023 12:48 PM
Glucose Health, Inc. Fiscal 2022 Annual Report • GLUC • Mar 23, 2023 3:23 PM
Nextech3D.ai Announces Its AI-Powered SaaS Platform Toggle3D Experiences A +963% Jump in Users in 60-Days Crossing Over 1000 Users • NTAR • Mar 23, 2023 7:07 AM
Lifecycle Assessment by Benchmark Shows TMC's NORI-D Nodule Project Could Outperform Land-Based Routes of Producing Nickel, Copper and Cobalt in Almost Every Impact Category Analyzed • TMC • Mar 22, 2023 1:44 PM
Fineqia Announces Partnership with Paris Blockchain Week to Accelerate Digital Asset Innovation • FNQQF • Mar 22, 2023 10:03 AM
E-Cite and ClearMarket Launch Nationwide EV Distribution Network Becoming the First All EV Dealership Opening in the Cerritos Auto Square, the World's Largest Automall • VAPR • Mar 22, 2023 9:41 AM