Home > Boards > US OTC > Delisted > Phoenix Associates Land Syndicate (fka PBLSQ)

Now for the good stuff...

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (1) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
gitonwithit Member Profile

Followed By 35
Posts 9,777
Boards Moderated 2
Alias Born 06/03/07
160x600 placeholder
Top Company News of the Day
Blackwells Capital to push stationary-bike maker to explore a sale, sources say.
Renault, Nissan Motor, Mitsubishi Motors to Triple Investment for EV Development , Reuters Reports
Gilead Gets FDA Approval for Remdesivir for Some Non-Hospitalized Patients
Netflix Ends Down Nearly 22%, Worst Performer in the S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 Today -- Data Talk
2-Year Treasury Yield Rises to 0.993% This Week -- Data Talk
10-Year Treasury Yield Falls to 1.747% This Week -- Data Talk
30-Year Treasury Yield Falls to 2.062% This Week -- Data Talk
Wheat Falls as U.S.-Russia Negotiations Continue - Daily Grain Highlights
Front Month Nymex Natural Gas Fell 6.17% This Week to Settle at $3.9990 -- Data Talk
Front Month Nymex RBOB Gasoline Rose 0.97% This Week to Settle at $2.4424 -- Data Talk
GDP Seen +5.8% in 4Q -- Data Week Ahead
Canada's Omicron Infections May Have Peaked But Hospitalizations Rise, Health Officer Says
Coinbase Global Down Over 12%, on Track for Record Low Close and Record Percent Decrease -- Data Talk
EURO STOXX 50 Index Ends the Week 1.00% Lower at 4229.56 -- Data Talk
CAC 40 Index Ends the Week 1.04% Lower at 7068.59 -- Data Talk
STOXX Europe 50 Index Ends the Week 0.44% Lower at 3781.98 -- Data Talk
STOXX Europe 600 Index Ends the Week 1.40% Lower at 474.44 -- Data Talk
FTSE 100 Index Ends the Week 0.65% Lower at 7494.13 -- Data Talk
DAX Ends the Week 1.76% Lower at 15603.88 -- Data Talk
FTSE 100 Ends the Week Lower, Losing Year-to-Date Gains
Ecolab Down Nearly 6%, on Track for Largest Percent Decrease Since July 2020 -- Data Talk
Intuitive Surgical Down Nearly 7%, on Pace for Largest Percent Decrease Since April 2020 -- Data Talk
GM Expanding Production of Electric Motor Parts in NY State
gitonwithit   Thursday, 06/07/07 02:35:13 AM
Re: None
Post # of 79917 
Now for the good stuff...

This morning I searched all of the corps of engineers contracts for Texas, Lousiana, Mississippi, and Florida. I found one hit for a $9,000 or so contract with one of the PBLS affiliates. Sorry I didn't save the link, but I believe it was with Ponchartrain Materials Corporation and I figured it had to do with the United Soils connection. I only searched 2006, if anyone else has federal contract info prior to 2006, I would like to know.

I was a little dissapointed at first, but when you realize that federal contracts are typically bid to a general contractor or a large company who will then subcontract out the parts of it to different companies it make sense that direct PBLS affiliates might not be listed there.

If you go to the Louisiana TxDot website and the Corps of Engineers site, you will find that there is a tremendous upcoming demand for aggregate in Lousiana with regards to levee construction and floodplain controls. One plan was finalized in 2002 if I remember right and is just waiting on federal funding and congressional approval. Whether PBLS will be fulfilling some of that demand, we just do not know at this point.

I believe that if this was a pump and dump, there would be ample opportunity to throw out numerous PRs relating to contracts and income because it is just so very difficult to verify information where subcontractors are concerned. We've seen a couple, but nothing that would indicate taking advantage of the situation.

As far as the chart, I think it is pretty remarkable that we closed up today considering the QQQQ shares were down a little over a percent and the consensus seems to be that the general market is overpriced. Far as I could tell, we had 4 500k blocks traded and 1 block of a million late in the day. Not a bad finish I think. Here very soon I think we'll blow past .0345 and then it'll be time to buy or hold, not sell.

As far as the company goes, they have evidently been in business since 1978 and I see no reason why they would be doing anything different now than they have done in the past. I do own a rental house in Longview and my next trip there I will try to stop by and find out more about the oil services in Kilgore which is right down the road from Longview.

Best guess IMO is that PBLS has a market cap of about $12 million which most definitely puts it in the under valued category.

All IMO and please do not trade based on my viewpoints.

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (1) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist
Consent Preferences