BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Advent Technologies Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADN) ("Advent"), an innovation-driven leader in the fuel cell and hydrogen technology sectors, today launched a proof of concept("PoC") project with Vantage Towers Greece (“Vantage Towers”) to replace diesel generators with fuel cells. Vantage Towers Greece is the largest and only independent tower infrastructure company in Greece, operating more than 5,250 towers for Vodafone Greece and Wind Hellas. By replacing diesel generators with fuel cells at non-permanent sites that are not connected to the power grid, they can be supplied with electricity even more environmentally friendly.
Under the PoC, Vantage Towers Greece, a subsidiary of Vantage Towers Group, one of Europe's leading tower companies, will explore the applicability of Advent's Serene biomethanol-powered fuel cell systems as back-up and primary power sources for its telecom towers. This new collaboration is particularly aligned with the overall strategy of Vantage Towers, which aims to drive sustainable digitalization in Europe by reducing carbon emissions across their network by using clean energy solutions. Following the successful completion of the PoC project in Greece, Advent and Vantage Towers could consider wider deployments.
Liquid biomethanol as a carrier of hydrogen allows for easier transportation, logistics and storage compared with hydrogen gas, and enhances the safety of operations by simultaneously achieving more than 80% CO2 emissions reduction compared to diesel generators. Key advantages of using Advent's methanol-powered fuel cells include:
- Significantly less CO2 emissions and noise compared to conventional generator units
- No NOx or SOx emissions
- Small footprint
- Long operating lifetime
- Low service and maintenance fees
In addition, Advent fuel cells can operate across a range of conditions, such as weather, ambient temperatures from as low as -20°C and up to +50°C, and work in humid and polluted environments. Advent has already installed approximately 500 methanol-powered Serene fuel cell systems in the Asian market, primarily used as back-up and primary power source for the telecommunications sector.
Athanasios Exarchos, Chairman & Managing Director of Vantage Towers Greece, stated: "Operating more than 5,250 towers in Greece and constantly expanding our presence, at Vantage Towers we work every day to connect people, businesses, and devices in Greek cities, islands and rural areas, making a significant contribution to a better-connected Europe. Vantage Towers is highly interested in using fuel cells to drive carbon emissions reductions in the European telecom sector as back-up and primary power source. We look forward to the successful completion of this PoC project and the continuation of our collaboration with Advent, as it will further enhance the Group’s goal to continue supporting partners through technological innovation in decarbonization and achieving their climate goals."
Dr. Vasilis Gregoriou, Advent Technologies Chief Executive Officer & Executive Chairman of the Board, commented: "Regardless of the location, I strongly believe that fuel cells are the most appropriate solution when there is a need for uninterrupted and sustainable back-up power, particularly for off-grid locations. We are delighted that Vantage Towers Greece has recognized the great potential that Advent's biomethanol-powered fuel cells hold for decarbonizing their operations. We truly hope this is the beginning of a long and fruitful collaboration that will allow us to lead in the decarbonization of the telecommunications sector in Europe."
About Advent Technologies Holdings, Inc.
Advent Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a U.S. corporation that develops, manufactures, and assembles complete fuel cell systems as well as supplying customers with critical components for fuel cells in the renewable energy sector. Advent is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with offices in California, Greece, Denmark, Germany, and the Philippines. With more than 150 patents issued, pending, and/or licensed for fuel cell technology, Advent holds the IP for next-generation HT-PEM that enables various fuels to function at high temperatures and under extreme conditions – offering a flexible fuel option for the automotive, aviation, defense, oil and gas, marine and power generation sectors.
For more information contact Elisabeth Maragoula/Michael Trontzos (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit www.advent.energy.
About Vantage Towers
Vantage Towers is a leading tower company in Europe with around 83,000 sites in ten countries, connecting people, businesses and devices in cities and rural areas.
The company was founded in 2020 and is headquartered in Düsseldorf. Vantage Towers has been listed on the Deutsche Börse’s Prime Standard in Frankfurt since 18 March 2021. The shares are included in the MDAX, TecDAX, STOXX Europe 600 and FTSE Global Midcap Indices.
Vantage Towers’ portfolio includes towers, masts, rooftop sites, distributed antenna systems (DAS) and small cells. By building, operating and leasing this infrastructure to MNOs or other network providers such as IoT companies or utilities, Vantage Towers is making a significant contribution to a better-connected Europe.
While already 100% of the electricity that Vantage Towers uses to operate its infrastructure is obtained from renewable energy sources, green energy is increasingly being generated directly on site with the help of solar panels, micro wind turbines and in future also hydrogen solutions. This fits well into the overall strategy of the company to drive a sustainable digitalisation in Europe and to support partners through technological innovation in decarbonisation and achieving their climate goals.
For more information, please visit our website at www.vantagetowers.com, follow us on Twitter at @VantageTowers or connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/vantagetowers.
For more information contact Ms. Elias Gerafenti, 210 728 9000, email@example.com
Elisabeth Maragoula/Michael Trontzos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ms. Elias Gerafenti, 210 728 9000, email@example.com
Source: Advent Technologies Inc.
Spread the love. Be the first to like this post!
Recent ADN News
- Hyundai Motor Company und Advent Technologies unterzeichnen gemeinsame Entwicklungsvereinbarung nach erfolgreich abgeschlossener Brennstoffzellentechnologiebewertung • Business Wire • 03/23/2023 11:16:00 AM
- Hyundai Motor Company et Advent Technologies signent un accord de développement en commun suite à l’évaluation réussie d’une technologie de pile à combustible • Business Wire • 03/23/2023 09:29:00 AM
- Hyundai Motor Company and Advent Technologies Sign Joint Development Agreement Following Successful Fuel Cell Technology Assessment • Business Wire • 03/23/2023 12:25:00 AM
- Advent Technologies Announces Date for Fourth Quarter 2022 Earnings Call • Business Wire • 03/22/2023 01:00:00 PM
- Current Report Filing (8-k) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 03/10/2023 09:47:47 PM
- Advent Technologies Announces Opening of R&D and Manufacturing Facility in Charlestown, MA • Business Wire • 03/06/2023 02:00:00 PM
- Advent Technologies’ Methanol Fuel Cell Supplies Highly Efficient Heating and Cooling in New CHP Offering • Business Wire • 02/15/2023 02:00:00 PM
- Advent Technologies reçoit du Land de Brandebourg une nouvelle commande portant sur ses systèmes de pile à combustible • Business Wire • 02/13/2023 07:24:00 PM
- Advent Technologies meldet neuen Auftrag des Landes Brandenburg für seine Brennstoffzellensysteme • Business Wire • 02/13/2023 05:38:00 PM
- Advent Technologies Announces New Order from the German State of Brandenburg for its Fuel Cell Systems • Business Wire • 02/13/2023 02:00:00 PM
- Advent Technologies et un leader mondial des technologies énergétiques s'apprêtent à développer une solution de pile à combustible marine pour les super yachts • Business Wire • 02/09/2023 10:32:00 PM
- Statement of Ownership (sc 13g) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 02/09/2023 09:01:32 PM
- Advent Technologies und ein weltweit führendes Energietechnologieunternehmen entwickeln gemeinsam Brennstoffzellenlösung für Superyachten • Business Wire • 02/09/2023 06:19:00 PM
- Advent Technologies and a Leading Global Energy Technology Company to Develop a Marine Fuel Cell Solution for Superyachts • Business Wire • 02/09/2023 02:00:00 PM
- Statement of Changes in Beneficial Ownership (4) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 02/07/2023 10:38:15 PM
- Statement of Changes in Beneficial Ownership (4) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 02/07/2023 10:35:53 PM
- Advent Technologies et Alfa Laval s’associent à un projet de développement de piles à combustible pour le secteur maritime • Business Wire • 01/11/2023 01:22:00 AM
- Advent Technologies und Alfa Laval kooperieren bei einem Projekt zur Entwicklung von Brennstoffzellen für die Schifffahrt • Business Wire • 01/10/2023 06:00:00 PM
- Advent Technologies and Alfa Laval Partner in Marine Fuel Cell Development Project • Business Wire • 01/10/2023 12:00:00 PM
- Prospectus Filed Pursuant to Rule 424(b)(3) (424b3) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 01/05/2023 11:02:00 AM
- Notice of Effectiveness (effect) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 12/23/2022 11:03:58 AM
- Post-effective Amendment to Registration Statement (pos Am) • Edgar (US Regulatory) • 12/21/2022 11:05:06 AM
- Advent Technologies & Vantage Towers Greece annoncent un projet preuve de concept de remplacement des générateurs diésel par des piles à combustible fonctionnant au biométhanol pour réduire les émissions de gaz à effet de serre • Business Wire • 12/19/2022 10:02:00 PM
- Advent Technologies und Vantage Towers Greece geben Proof-of-Concept-Projekt bekannt, um Dieselgeneratoren durch Biomethanol-betriebene Brennstoffzellen zu ersetzen und so die Emission von Treibhausgasen zu reduzieren • Business Wire • 12/19/2022 10:02:00 PM
- Advent Technologies & Vantage Towers Greece announce Proof of Concept project to replace Diesel Generators with Fuel Cells operating on Biomethanol aiming to reduce greenhouse gas emissions • Business Wire • 12/19/2022 02:53:00 PM
FEATURED Fineqia's EEA Unit Receives Approval of Base Prospectus for Issuing Exchange Traded Notes (ETNs) • Mar 28, 2023 9:37 AM
PSYC's CEO to Moderate Panel at Film Screening for ESPN's Upcoming Documentary, "Peace of Mind" • PSYC • Mar 29, 2023 8:30 AM
Usha Resources Enters Hard-Rock Lithium Space with Acquisition of Significant Ontario Land Package with Highly Evolved LCT-Pegmatites • USHA • Mar 28, 2023 8:26 AM
Edison Lithium Provides Update on Spin-Out of Cobalt Assets • EDDY • Mar 28, 2023 8:09 AM
Epazz Holdings: ZenaDrone, Inc. 1000 AI Predictive Received a Letter of Support from the US Airforce for Drone Cargo Delivery and Intent to Use ZenaDrone 1000 Platform • EPAZ • Mar 28, 2023 7:11 AM
Metatron Releases All-in-One Artificial Intelligence Mobile Apps for iPhone and Android • MRNJ • Mar 27, 2023 9:00 AM