Home > Boards > US Listed > Basic Materials > Cleveland Cliffs Inc. (CLF)
Followed By 12
Posts 3365
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 04/30/2004

Thursday, May 12, 2022 6:01:37 AM

Re: None

Post# of 7990

Cleveland-Cliffs Looks Compelling And Oversold, Time To Average Down

May 12, 2022 4:52 AM ETCleveland-Cliffs Inc. (CLF)

Oakoff Investments

Summary

In this article, I reassess my previous buy thesis on Cleveland-Cliffs.

CLF's comparatively higher market multiples are more than justified by higher margins and operational growth.

The U.S. desire for deglobalization and protectionism will play into the hands of the industrial sector in the long run.

Cleveland-Cliffs is one of the few in the industry that can provide itself with pig iron - this is its strong comparative advantage.

My price target is $29-33 per share, implying an upside potential of 32-50% from the current price.

Instead of an investment thesis

I initiated coverage of Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (NYSE:CLF) stock back in June 2021 when 1 share was worth $20.49. That is, I missed a period of rapid growth following the COVID recovery:

This article was written by

Oakoff Investments

Quantitative equity research analyst. Colliding data science and finance to find a stock's mispricing.Constantly looking for a reasonable balance between growth and value.>4 years of experience in personal portfolio management with an average annualized return of ~29%.Disclaimer: Associated with Danil Sereda, another Seeking Alpha

Disclosure: I/we have a beneficial long position in the shares of CLF either through stock ownership, options, or other derivatives. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.
Recent CLF News

IGEN Networks Corporation wins award to provide Medallion GPS to New York State Counties IGEN Jun 24, 2022 6:00 AM

BOX Pure Air Supplies Highland Park Independent School District (TX) AIRBOX ™ Air Purification Units Improving Air Quality in Schools SING Jun 23, 2022 1:05 PM

Gaensel Energy Group, Inc. (GEGR) Presents Its Partners and Activities of Its CONSORZIO GREEN SOLUTION & GNL GEGR Jun 23, 2022 11:40 AM

Resgreen Group Announces Major Milestone with LilBuddy ™ Pilot Testing RGGI Jun 23, 2022 7:07 AM

Demand Brands engages BF Borgers CPA PC as auditor DMAN Jun 22, 2022 9:11 AM

Global Fiber Technologies, Inc., Closes its First Round of Inventory Financing. GFTX Jun 22, 2022 9:00 AM

Maison Luxe Appoints Aether Diamonds CEO Ryan Shearman to Its Board of Directors MASN Jun 22, 2022 8:54 AM

Pasithea Therapeutics Acquires Alpha-5 Integrin, LLC KTTA Jun 22, 2022 8:07 AM

Amesite Launches V5 Platform, Enabling Every Business, University and Museum to Deliver or Sell AI-Powered, Branded eLearning AMST Jun 22, 2022 7:34 AM

Dalrada Financial Corporation Appoints Brian McGoff as President and Chief Operating Officer DFCO Jun 21, 2022 9:30 AM

Global Arena Holding Initiates 1 for 12 Reverse in Support of Potential Capital and Growth Endeavors GAHC Jun 21, 2022 7:21 AM

Hillcrest Investor Technology Poised For Central Role In The Reimagined Energy Future HLRTF Jun 20, 2022 6:04 AM

Co Brand Partners Investing in Social Revolution Jun 17, 2022 4:00 AM

Resgreen Group Announces Release of Significant Update to BotWay ™ Fleet and Management System RGGI Jun 16, 2022 6:00 AM

GoDaddy Founder, Bob Parsons Details Journey of Healing Through Psychedelics in Exclusive Interview With PSYC PSYC Jun 15, 2022 8:30 AM

Volume:
Day Range:
Bid:
Ask:
Last Trade Time:
Total Trades:
  • 1D
  • 1M
  • 2M
  • 3M
  • 6M
  • 1Y