This deal with SKI is getting done. Here are the reasons I see it moving forward:
1) SKI would not have signed an extension to talk about Sconi financial support if they were not still interested in the project. They have done their due diligence and everything has checked out. They would have simply walked away.
2) It is an advantage for SKI to financially participate now at a set price to offset the potentially higher future offtake prices of Sconi. Remember, they elected to buy at future market prices and the experts are predicting battery metal shortages beginning around mid 2020. SKI would save money in the long run.
3) SKI has been commissioned by the Korean government to secure battery metals for the survival of their industry. IE, they need the metal.
4) US President Donald Trump & Australia’s Prime Minister Scott Morrison are in talks to develop a US supply chain with miners in Australia for rare earth metals. SKI know this. So if they won't do it the American government may do it.
5) There are many potential suitors for Australian Mines looking to secure battery metals. For example, Tesla has already said that they may be getting into mining. Tesla has already bought 2 companies in the last year to accelerate it's Electric vehicle domination. So don't be surprised if you here of some other suitor talking to Australian Mines about Sconi or one of there other projects.
6) SKI and LG are feuding right now over everything dealing with batteries, from workers to patents. They need battery metals to supply their plants they are building all over the world. Who know if SKI keeps dragging their feet, LG might step right in and take Sconi. https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/australia-unveil-rare-earth-mineral-supply-plan-190920030440200.html