Motley Fool, "Can BLX grow as Latin America.." http://www.fool.com/investing/international/2015/07/14/can-bladex-grow-even-as-latin-america-stumbles.aspx
& response below
good commentary. I feel there are many opportunities for this stock to grow & the region to grow in my humble opinion
1. Sri-Kumar of Global Strategies is Bullish on Brazil. He goes there several times a year. though Brazil is down now, "Brazil always bounces back & I am bullish on Brazil" quote Sri-Kumar. BLX holds a significant portion of loans in Brazil.
2. Potential Nicaraguan Canal. Even if the canal doesn't get built, Nicaragua has stabilized & in my opinion offers the best opportunity for growth 2nd too..
3. Cuba...all eyes on Cuba.. this is a huge opportunity for BLX
4. P/E ratio 8. hmm, in an overvalued market, what more could you ask for
5. Dividend 6% . after current smackdown in price, annual dividend is now over 6%.
6. this , BLX company, is the equivalent of the "Central Bank" of Latin America. though it may not be fair, can central bankers really loose?
7. with weakening USA stats & China's devaluation of currency, can the FED really raise rates now in September?
8. Even if the Fed did raise rates in September, I believe, again in my opinion, that by the time they announce raising at the next FOMC meeting, the stock will have already priced in the rise and go upward , it's the old attage, buy on rumour sell on fact, well in this case, sell on rumour buy on fact.