Jefferies Group lowered shares of Monitise Plc (LON:MONI) to a hold rating in a research report released on Wednesday morning. Jefferies Group currently has GBX 15 ($0.24) price objective on the mobile payments company’s stock, down from their previous price objective of GBX 36 ($0.57). http://www.wkrb13.com/markets/648109/monitise-plc-cut-to-hold-at-jefferies-group-moni/
From Jefferies by way of the Yahoo board...
"Jefferies comment that the CEO (Buse) is fixated on the EBITDA breakeven projection is very telling. That is what corporate organization managers are able to do. Reorganize, combine, eliminate jobs; lower costs; all controllable stuff by the boss. Who is selling anything? It appears no one with growth being the problem and the opportunity in a new market. No message because of no results"
We'd prefer to believe that EB & team are focused on transformation activities first ... growth will follow:
- Geographic prioritization (exit Asia Pacific, India)
- Product transformation (focus investment on target platforms & functionality for early adopters)
- Organization globalization (who does what where vs. everyone does everything)
- Board simplification (eliminate conflicts by removing Visa Europe, Al)
We can't sell product that does not yet exist. Wait for deployment announcements for...
- Yaap Digital (Santander, Telefonica, Caixa)
- Virgin Money
- unnamed BPO
- unnamed Top 10 US FI
- Societe Generale
Functionality required for the above will be very attractive to fast-followers. Growth will soon be important as cost cutting is not a long term strategy http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareChat.asp?ShareTicker=MONI