Interesting article on solar energy, Spot on.
The Dark Side of Solar Power https://hbr.org/2021/06/the-dark-side-of-solar-power $CSIQ
Solar panels in Sahara could boost renewable energy but damage the global climate – here’s why
CSIQ is hitting on a lot of radar screens.
I'm on this one from $35 and also entered on Renesola (SOL) al $25
Risky chinese but they both seem to recieve all the interest from investors
Surprised no activity here given the runup. Looking to enter a position here, difficult given the share price $50+ but feel like I'll be kicking myself this time next year if I don't. Curious what the pulse is here on the boards and any other solar positions you guys like?
BREAKING NEWS: $CSIQ Why Canadian Solar Stock Just Popped 10.5%
For the longest time, analysts at GLJ Research, a group with a confirmed bent toward solar energy research, has been skeptical of valuations among the major solar energy stocks . That is, until today. Today, GLJ finally found a solar stock it likes, and shares of Canadian Solar (NASDAQ: CSIQ...
Got this from CSIQ - Why Canadian Solar Stock Just Popped 10.5%
Canadian Solar Sup/Res chart:
CSIQ is currently sitting on top of a resistance level of $19 which has its roots before the time interval of the chart.
It shouldn't be overlooked that today's candle is a full gap above Friday's trade.
On more thing: CSIQ just made a new daily high while the total market is down.
Stock is doing so well but the message board is so dead.
I like to do Buy/Writes and did that using CSIQ over the last couple weeks.
Reentered stock today and will sell CCs when it seems the stock is slowing down (not likely today). CSIQ is having no trouble passing up and through key moving averages and is now heading toward SMA(100) after easily claiming SMA(50) last Wednesday and SMA(20) four trading days before that and SMA(8) two days before that.
Took profits on CSIQ trade.
Thinking CSIQ retraces a little as it did last January then continues higher (if the overall market conditions allow that). Check the yellow circle at the beginning of 2019 on the CSIQ chart. That shows what I think CSIQ is capable of provided the overall market agrees.
As it relates to the rest of the market, the CSIQ chart doesn't show that virtually the whole market ( $SPX and friends) is looking pretty weak -- as $SPX is in the process of forming an H&S top. For that reason I've also included an $SPX chart.
Putting all that together, the looming blue-line resistance shown in the CSIQ chart (and possible profit-taking and therefore small pullback) along with the possible H&S pattern in the $SPX chart encouraged me to take profits today and possibly re-enter the CSIQ trade early next week.
News: $CSIQ Canadian Solar Reports Second Quarter 2019 Results
GUELPH, Ontario , Aug. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Canadian Solar Inc. ("Canadian Solar" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: CSIQ), one of the world's largest solar power companies, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2019 . Second Quarter 2019 Highlights...
Read the whole news Canadian Solar Reports Second Quarter 2019 Results
News: $CSIQ Canadian Solar Reports First Quarter 2019 Results
GUELPH, Ontario , May 30, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Canadian Solar Inc. ("Canadian Solar" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: CSIQ), one of the world's largest solar power companies, today announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2019 ended March 31, 2019 . First Quarter 2019 Hig...
In case you are interested https://marketwirenews.com/news-releases/canadian-solar-reports-first-quarter-2019-results-8267970.html
News: $CSIQ Canadian Solar Announces Appointment of Yan Zhuang as Acting Chief Executive Officer while Dr. Shawn Qu is on a Medical Leave of Absence
GUELPH, Ontario , May 30, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Canadian Solar Inc. ("Canadian Solar" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: CSIQ), one of the world's largest solar power companies, today announced that the Board of Directors of the Company ("Board") has appointed Yan Zhuang , the Company's Senior Vi...
Find out more https://marketwirenews.com/news-releases/canadian-solar-announces-appointment-of-yan-zhuang-as-acting-chief-executive-officer-while-dr-shawn-qu-is-on-a-medical-leave-of-absence-8267856.html
There is no justification for the precipitous price drop today.
This company is doing well financially and analysts had given more "buy" than "sell" ratings. The huge drop is simply a knee-jerk overreaction to a statement that has been taken out of context. Wall Street billionaires are notorious for purposely manipulating stock prices to further enrich the greedy billionaire class.
Holding up nicely
The shorts have this by the short and curly’s...unfortunately I’m on the wrong side of the trade. I still believe this is oversold and I’m adding to my relatively healthy position.
Give CSIQ a few days before another reload
Completely oversold here! Look for an immediate 4-6% bounce in the next trading session.
$CSIQ Canadian Solar (NASDAQ:CSIQ) -2.6% premarket after lowering Q4 revenue guidance to $1.04B-$1.08B from $1.77B-$1.81B previously and below the $1.76B analyst consensus estimate, in part to reflect the timing of certain utility-scale solar project sales.
CSIQ also cuts its full-year revenue guidance to $3.33B-$3.37B from $4.05B-$4.09B previously.
At the same time, CSIQ slightly raises FY 2017 guidance for total solar module shipments to 6.8-6.9 GW from its earlier outlook for 6.7-6.8 GW; for Q4, CSIQ now sees solar module shipments of 1,720-1,820 MW vs. previous guidance of 1,650-1,750 MW.
Now read: Canadian Solar - Take Advantage Of Strong Solar Markets »
Canadian Solar (NASDAQ:CSIQ) CEO Shawn Qu is offering shareholders a 7% premium to take private the renewable power company he founded, but shares closed today only 3% higher, as the prospects for a prompt closing seem remote.
Canadian Solar Inc. Announces Receipt of a Preliminary, Non-Binding "Going Private" Proposal Letter from its Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer and Formation of an Independent Special Committee
GUELPH, Ontario, Dec. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Canadian Solar Inc. ("Canadian Solar" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: CSIQ), one of the world's largest solar power companies, today announced that its Board of Directors (the "Board") has received a preliminary, non-binding proposal letter (the "Proposal Letter"), dated December 9, 2017, from its Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Shawn (Xiaohua) Qu ("Dr. Qu"), to acquire all of the outstanding common shares of the Company not already beneficially owned by Dr. Qu and his wife, Ms. Hanbing Zhang, (the "Chairman Parties") in a "going-private" transaction (the "Proposed Transaction") for cash consideration of US$18.47 per common share.
A copy of the Proposal Letter is attached as Annex A to this press release.
The Board has formed a special committee (the "Special Committee") of independent and disinterested directors to consider the Proposed Transaction. The Company expects that the Special Committee will retain independent advisors, including independent legal and financial advisors, to assist it in this process.
The Board cautions the Company's shareholders and others considering trading in the Company's securities that the Board has just received the Proposal Letter and has not had an opportunity to carefully review and evaluate the Proposed Transaction or make any decision with respect to the Company's response to the Proposal Letter. The Board also cautions that there can be no assurance that any definitive offer relating to the Proposed Transaction or any other transaction will be made by Dr. Qu or any other person, that any definitive agreement with respect to the Proposed Transaction or any other transaction will be executed or that the Proposed Transaction or any other transaction will be approved or consummated.
The Company does not undertake any obligation to provide any updates with respect to the Proposed Transaction or any other transaction except as required by applicable law.
December 9, 2017
The Board of Directors
Canadian Solar Inc. (the "Company")
545 Speedvale Avenue West
Canada N1K 1E6
Tel: (1-519) 837-1881
Fax: (1-519) 837-2550
I, Shawn (Xiaohua) Qu ("Dr. Qu"), Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company, am pleased to submit this preliminary non-binding proposal to the board of the directors of the Company (the "Board") to acquire all of the outstanding common shares ("Common Shares") of the Company not already owned by me and my wife, Ms. Hanbing Zhang (together with Dr. Qu, the "Chairman Parties"), in a going-private transaction (the "Transaction"). The Chairman Parties currently beneficially own approximately 23.5% of the issued and outstanding Common Shares of the Company on a fully diluted and as-converted basis.
I believe that my proposal of US$18.47 in cash per Common Share will provide a very attractive opportunity to the Company's shareholders. This price represents a premium of approximately 7.1% to the Company's closing price on December 8, 2017, and a premium of approximately 10% to the average closing price during the last 90 trading days.
The terms and conditions upon which I am prepared to pursue the Transaction are set forth below. I am confident in my ability to consummate a Transaction as outlined in this letter.
1. Buyer. I intend to form an acquisition vehicle for the purpose of pursuing the Transaction. I am interested only in pursuing this Transaction and am not interested in selling the Common Shares owned by the Chairman Parties in connection with any other transaction.
2. Purchase Price. My proposed consideration payable for the Company's Common Shares acquired in the Transaction will be US$18.47 in cash per share.
3. Financing. I intend to finance the Transaction with a combination of debt and equity capital. Equity financing is expected to be provided in the form of rollover equity in the Company from the Chairman Parties and cash contributions from the Chairman Parties and, potentially, third party sponsors. Debt financing is expected to be provided by loans from third party financial institutions. I am confident that I can timely secure adequate financing to consummate the Transaction.
4. Due Diligence. Given my role with the Company and existing ownership interest, my own diligence needs will be quite limited. Parties providing financing will require a timely opportunity to conduct customary due diligence on the Company. I would like to ask the Board to accommodate such due diligence request and approve the provision of confidential information relating to the Company and its business to possible sources of equity and debt financing subject to confidentiality agreements with customary terms.
5. Definitive Agreements. I am prepared to negotiate and finalize definitive agreements (the "Definitive Agreements") expeditiously. This proposal is subject to execution of the Definitive Agreements. These documents will include provisions typical for transactions of this type.
6. Confidentiality. I will, as required by law, promptly file an amendment to my Schedule 13D to disclose this letter. I am sure you will agree with me that it is in all of our interests to ensure that we proceed our discussions relating to the Transaction in a confidential manner, unless otherwise required by law, until we have executed the Definitive Agreements or terminated our discussions.
7. Process. I believe that the Transaction will provide superior value to the Company's shareholders as compared to remaining a publicly traded company. I recognize of course that the Board will evaluate the proposed Transaction independently before it can make its determination whether to endorse it. It is my expectation that the Board will appoint a special committee of independent directors to consider this proposal and make a recommendation to the Board based on its independent evaluation of my proposal.
8. No Binding Commitment. This letter constitutes only a preliminary indication of my interest, and does not constitute any binding commitment with respect to the Transaction. Such a commitment will result only from the execution of Definitive Agreements, and then will be on the terms provided in such documentation.
In closing, I would like to express my commitment to working together with you to bring this Transaction to a successful and timely conclusion. I have engaged Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP as my U.S. legal advisor and Stikeman Elliott LLP as my Canadian legal advisor. Both are ready to help bring this Transaction forward in a timely manner. Should you have any questions regarding this proposal, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to speaking with you.
[Signature Page to Follow]
Shawn (Xiaohua) Qu
/s/ Shawn (Xiaohua) Qu
Shaun Qu -CEO - has made offer to take CSIQ private.. outstanding shares price $18.47.. interesting.. ifnit folloss similar path to TSL then thats the upper limit on SP from here
Accumulating a sustainable agriculture company. It is not reliant on tax credits--just consumers interested in buying healthier food.
CSIQ could be a buy for a pop up after the first of the year --after tax selling is over.
Depends on how low it goes.
Looks like that was a good call
Took profits today in CSIQ. This tax bill will eviscerate the tax credits in renewable energy and that realization will, IMO, get other shareholders to take profits. Trying to get out before the rush.