Talga Resources is a vertically integrated advanced materials company focusing on battery anode and graphene additive products. The Company is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange but has its operations in Europe where it has been active since 2011.
- Talga Mining Sweden – 100%-owned high-grade graphite deposits – the largest resources in Europe and highest grade JORC-compliant resource in world
Talga Advanced Materials Germany – 100%-owned test process facility located in Rudolstadt, Germany
Talga Technologies UK – Product development and marketing team located in Cambridge, UK
Talga is differentiated from its ASX listed peers by virtue of its full vertical integration in making coated anode and fully functionalised graphene products. The Company's fully in-house technology capability ensures a unique 100% controlled deposit-to-product supply chain.
Investment highlights: High Margin Advanced Materials Business
– Talga’s flagship Vittangi Graphite Project will feed high grade flake graphite ore to Talga’s planned in-house downstream processing facility, producing a high-margin coated graphite anode product known as Talnode®-C to be sold to lithium-ion battery cell manufacturers High Grade Graphite Resource
– Talga’s 100% owned Vittangi Project has JORC 2012 total Graphite Mineral Resources of 16.9 Mt @ 25.6% Cg making it one of the world’s highest grade JORC compliant graphite resource and providing a premium raw material supply for Talga’s downstream processing facilities. Exceptional Project Economics
– PFS delivered in May 2019 estimates a US$1.05bn NPV, 55% IRR, CAPEX of US$174m with a 1.5 year payback period. The Company’s Commercial Detailed Feasibility Study is scheduled to be completed in Q1 2021. Recent milestones
– A range of major parties are engaged and undertaking detailed diligence and test work including Mitsui (see ASX:TLG 20 Mar 2020). Product Qualification
– As at June 2020 Talnode®
in 36 active Li-ion battery manufacturer customer engagements including six major global automotive OEMs (see ASX:TLG 24 Jun 2020). Unique Deposits
– Talga's high-grade graphite projects have truly unique characteristics which enable higher yields and cheaper production. Sweden
– Operating in a top quality jurisdiction on the doorstep of European markets. Extremely low cost grid hydro-power and direct road/rail options to customers. Scalability
– Largest graphite resources in Europe and massive growth pipeline of untested deposits. Diversity
– Multiple Talnode®
- (graphene) products span current and future product technologies, uncoupling Talga from sole reliance on any one market and enabling new growth opportunities
Investor Fact Sheet
|Talga Resources Ltd |
|Business Description: |
Talga Resources Ltd (ASX:TLG) is a highly integrated developing producer of lithium-ion battery anode products, technologies and industrial graphene additives.
The Company's main focus is building an integrated graphite anode facility in Sweden running on 100% renewable electricity, to produce ultra-low emission coated anode for greener Li-ion batteries.
Customer tests confirm the high performance of Talga's products, and qualification processes with battery manufacturers and automotive OEM's is underway targeting commercial production in 2023.
Talga owns multiple high grade graphite projects in northern Sweden, which are the highest grade and largest JORC- compliant resources in Europe. These are advantageously located near fast growing battery 'megafactories', and benefit from established high quality infrastructure including low cost power, road, rail and ports.
The Company's graphite ores are unique in allowing graphite and graphene to be liberated in innovative and extremely cost effective ways.
Talga also owns cobalt-copper-gold and iron ore deposits in Sweden, which are to be commercialised to provide funds for the core graphite developments.
|Shares on Issue: |
264,118,495 fully paid ordinary shares
7,000,000 unlisted options
|Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) Code: ||TLG |
|Head Office: |
|Level 1 |
2 Richardson Street
West Perth Western Australia 6005
t: +61 8 9481 6667
f: +61 8 9322 1935
|Board of Directors: || |
|Terry Stinson ||Chairman |
|Mark Thompson ||Managing Director |
|Grant Mooney ||Non-Executive Director |
|Stephen Lowe ||Non-Executive Director |
|Ola Mørkved Rinnan ||Non-Executive Director |
|Stantons International |
1 Walker Avenue
West Perth Western Australia 6005
|Share Registry: || |
Level 2, 267 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6153