I create this thread with a goal of finding the next runner before the bell, so people who have a day job and cannot watch the market closely will still be able to make money with the help of more experienced traders. Another goal is to find the bounce plays of the day, so daytraders can have fun to participate this thread and enjoy the fruit as well.
Stock picking challenge is not a new thing, a similar and very good thread can be found in http://www.siliconinvestor.com/stocktalk/subject.gsp?subjectid=31291
This thread is divided into three challenge:
1. The challenge with the most up percentage for the day.
2. The challenge with the most down percentage for the day.
3. The challenge with the most up percentage for the week.
The rules of the challenges are listed here:
1. Must be an OTC BB stock or a Pinksheet stock.
2. Each person can enter at most three picks in the daily challenge, but one pick only for the weekly challenge.
3. Volume must be over 25,000.
4. The spread at yesterday's close cannot exceed 20%. [eg. $100x$120 is ok (20%), but not $80x$100 (25%), the bid price is what it counts.]
5. The percentage calculation is based on yesterday's closing price.
6. The picks must be entered before
9:30 am Eastern Time based on the "iHub Time Zone", that means the weekly up challenger needs to submit his/her pick before Monday 9:30 am.
7. Overlap picks from different posters are allowed, so we can measure the "hot" level of the picks.
Winners with the most up percentage and down percentage will be listed here after market closed. The list of challengers will also be listed here as a summary after market opened. Reports on the picks and results will be sent to subscribers of the ChairMail below.
Posting format for the header (the first line):
Up: [symbol1], [symbol2], [symbol3] (your iHub username)
Down: [symbol1], [symbol2], [symbol3] (your iHub username)
Weekly: [symbol1] (your iHub username)
Example header 1
: 2 picks for the most up percentage challenge
Up: ABCD, EFGH (Bernard Ng)
Example header 2
: 3 picks for the most down percentage challenge
Down: ABCD, EFGH, IJKL (Fatt Matt)
Example header 3
: 1 pick for the weekly most up percentage challenge
Weekly: MNOP (alexed)
For people who want to join all three challenges, please separate your picks into two posts, one UP, one DOWN, and one WEEKLY pick.
I hope that this can be a profitable thread, and happy trading everyone!