The Biggest Thing to Happen to Gold Mining Since the Shovel!
Cutting mining cost by 50% or more!
Thermal Fragmenting for mining industry
is the same as what Fracking did for the oil industry!
The Thermal Fragmentation Mining Method
An extraction process with multiple benefits that solves the challenges of today
The extraction process allows thermal fragmentation with an accuracy of 2 cm to quickly extract any type of hard rock up to 110 cm wide. With such precision, high grade precious and base metal veins can now be extracted without dilution. The thermal unit can be set up to extract a specific corridor. The major advantages of this process:
The extraction process produces highly concentrated ore which results in 400% to 500% less dilution compared to shrinkage mining methods. There is no wall damage caused by blast vibrations.
Significant cost savings
Since less rock is extracted, important savings are realised throughout the entire chain of production. The compact size of the ore (0 - 13 mm) and concentration of the material brought to the processing plant increases the production capacity of existing installations and output of ounces.
Thermal fragmentation mining process requires a 3 person team. The thermal unit is fully mechanised reducing the risk of physical injury traditionally observed in labour intensive shrinkage mining methods.
Lessens the impact on the environment
Since less waste rock is extracted and development is performed directly into ore, the process produces significantly less mining waste (1:5). Therefore, fewer chemical products per ounce mined are needed and fewer alterations are made to the terrain (smaller tailings and waste piles)
Other important impacts
- Extends mine life
Resources converted to Reserves
Strengthens Sustainability & Project Acceptence
Mining permits obtained faster and easier
Low Cost slot raise
Cost effective bulk sampling
- Series of 6 inch (15-cm) pilot holes drilled into the vein with conventional drill
Thermal Fragmentation (thermal head, compressed air and water) is inserted and spalls the rock, quickly increasing the diameter of the hole to 30 - 110 cm
Extraction of ore in 0 - 13 mm fragments
Break leftover rock between fragmented holes to recover remaining ore
Each work site is organised within two superimposed drift levels, approximately 20 meters apart. By drifting directly into the ore, we minimise mining waste and development costs. Through the use of soft explosive charges, the hanging wall and footwall are left intact and only the mineralised corridor itself is extracted.
Additional applications of thermal fragmentation
We replace and / or improve these extractions methods:
- Room and pillar method (flat or reef)
Small Long Hole method
We also used for:
- Drop Raise / Blind raise
Ventilation raise (primary and secondary)
Drainage holes of 30 cm and more
Vibration blasting control
Perimeter blasting and stress reduction
Ore recovery in drifting
IBM to collaborate with Nippon on the ‘Dragons’ of the future
Brossard (Quebec), September 14th, 2015 Nippon Dragon Resources Inc. (the “Corporation” or “Nippon”) (TSX-V Symbol: NIP), is pleased to announce that it has retained IBM for the development of a cloud based information acquisition system solution by way of sensors for its thermal fragmentation units, commonly referred to as ‘Dragons’. The agreement is the second phase of a project whose ultimate outcome will be to gather and process data in real-time from operating thermal units in the field. The first phase was the preparation and implementation of a cloud based storage system, which has been successfully completed.
IBM will work on selecting suitable heat sensors and their integration on the thermal units in order to quantify the in-hole temperature of the ‘thermal cushion’ with actual tests and transmit the data to the cloud based information acquisition system. Subsequent phases will be to install additional sensors that will provide real-time data on processes such as: productivity, air/water pressure, fuel consumption and overall performance of the units.
The cloud based processing of the data will allow Nippon to build a multi-experiential databank, which will enable optimization of its services and recommendations to customers and distributors. The data will allow, among other things, to provide objective ways to maximize performance and predictive equipment maintenance service information on its Dragons. IBM, in particular, has an undeniable expertise with regards to the implementation of predictive equipment maintenance within the mining industry worldwide.
These actions are part of a long-term program aimed at continuous improvements of the ‘Dragons’ and to position Nippon as a world leader in innovative mining with its exclusive and patented Thermal Fragmentation mining method.
"We are extremely pleased by the interest demonstrated by IBM in working with us to develop the concept of the "Intelligent Mine". Mines need to increase automation in order to optimize operations and significantly reduce overall mining costs, increase productivity, provide safer working conditions all while minimizing its impact on the environment and our mining method meets and even exceeds all of the above-mentioned criteria " stated Mr. André Savard, President and CEO of Nippon
Nippon is active in the exploration and the development of gold resources in Quebec. The Corporation holds a gold property with resources recognised in accordance with NI43-101, a modular treatment plant and also an exclusive license for the Thermal Fragmentation mining method.
The company’s growth strategy is based on:
• The development of its gold deposits with the objective of producing revenue from its operations;
• Increasing the value of its mining assets by prioritizing the exploration targets; and
• The commercialisation and employment of its thermal fragmentation technology.
For additional information:
John Stella, Investor relations (514) 718-7976 firstname.lastname@example.org
André Savard, President & CEO (450) 510-4442 email@example.com
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. This press release includes certain statements that may be deemed "forward-looking statements". All statements in this release, other than statements of historical facts, that address future exploration drilling, exploration and production activities and events or developments that the Corporation expects, are forward looking statements. Although the Corporation believes the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are not guarantees of future performance and actual results or developments may differ materially from those in forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward looking statements include market prices, exploitation and exploration successes, continued availability of capital and financing, and general economic, market or business conditions.
Nippon Dragon Resources Inc. 7055 Taschereau Blvd., suite 500, Brossard (Quebec) J4Z 1A7
Tel: (450) 510-4442 www.nippondragon.com
Why invest in Nippon Dragon Resources?
1) Exclusive, patented and unique mining method solution designed to economically extract high grade precious/base metals veins deposits. Complimentary to or a perfect replacement for conventional mining methods.
2) Finally a solution that solves some of the challenges facing the mining industry by allowing it to; renew reserves, reduce costs, increase productivity, significantly reduce environmental impacts, increase social acceptability, reduce risk and better working conditions for the miners.
3) Massive reduction in energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
4) Optimal use of available resources.
5) Significantly decreases the footprint of the mining industry in the environment.
6) Throughout the world, uneconomic mines can now be brought back into production.
7) 100% owner of Rocmec 1, one of the most promising, efficient and environmentally friendly gold deposits in Canada located in a mining camp known worldwide.
8) In excess of $ 40 million invested in development and infrastructure, fully licensed and permitted with a mill specially designed for use underground.
9) 43-101 Technical Report completed on less than 3% of the total surface area of the property, offering great potential.
10) Our approach with the use of our patented mining process, thermal fragmentation, is to produce gold ounces at a low cost. In addition, our mining operation will require a very small tailings pond due to the significant reduction in dilution.
11) The company aims to become an intermediate gold producer with production costs among the lowest in the world while reducing to a minimum the impact on the environment. Only our technology can significantly reduce production costs and dilution in the exploitation of high-grade precious metal deposits.
12) Combined with our current and future partnership around the world, our goal is to become a very profitable multinational in the mining equipment industry within 5 years. This market represents billions of dollars in revenue per year.
13) Benefit from the challenging market conditions to acquire and bring into production deposits that are currently uneconomic with conventional mining methods.
14) The only mining company in the world that can truly take advantage of the decline in precious metals prices to become a future world leader in mining.
15) Expand the use of the thermal fragmentation to the construction industry. This is a huge and extremely profitable market.
16) The Thermal Fragmentation mining method will appeal to all environmentalists, investors, companies, governments, union, employees and citizens
17) We invite you to become a shareholder in the future 'Apple' of the mining industry. You regret having missed the first, do not miss your chance with the second!
Filing of patent on November 25th, 2002, (published on May 26th, 2004) pertaining to the method of mining including the thermal fragmentation process in narrow vein ore bodies.
- United States patent received July 5, 2005 US 6,913,320
United States patent received March 27, 2007 # 7,195,320 B2
Canadian patent received March 14, 2006 # 2,495,143
Moroccan patent received October 3, 2005 # 27552
South Africa patent received July 14, 2006 # 2005-4251
Mexican patent received May 25, 2005 # PA/a/2005/005613
Russian patent received June 24, 2006 # 2005120014
Australian patent received November 5, 2003 # 2003285235
Tanzanian patent received June 1, 2005 # TZ/P/05/00085
China patent received October 6, 2010 # ZL200380104249.7
Brazilian patent received December 11, 2012 # P10316614-7
To view the entire patent document, please visit http://www.uspto.gov click on “search” and enter 6913320.
Download the technology presentation
Download the Thermal Fragmentation Demonstration
Photos of Thermal Equipment
NIPPON DRAGON RESOURCES
Hybrid Mining & Technology Company
Nippon Dragon Resources Inc. is without a doubt one of the most innovative junior mining companies operating today. The Company’s patented “thermal fragmentation” process is ideal for high grade precious/base metal vein deposits. The exploitation of high-grade precious/base metal veins with it’s exclusive thermal fragmentation process coupled with conventional mining methods will lead the Company in becoming a mid-size gold producer in 2015.
Nippon Dragon’s growth strategy is to focus on the development of quality assets that will significantly enhance shareholder value. The acquisition, development and future exploration activities at the Rocmec 1 (Abitibi, Qc, Canada) property is an excellent example of this strategy.
Nippon Dragon Resources Inc., formely Rocmec, was incorporated on july 18th, 2000 under section 1A of the Province of Quebec's Corporation Act.
7055 Taschereau Blvd.
Brossard, Quebec, Canada, J4Z 1A7
Tel: 450- 510-4442
Web Site: www.nippondragon.com
BCF Business Law
Registrar and Transfer Agent
Computershare Trust Company of Canada
Petrie Raymond, S.E.N.C.R.L.
Toronto Dominion Bank of Canada
TSX Venture: V.NIP
Our partners and distributors :