MMC Norilsk Nickel aims to strengthen its leadership in the global mining and metals industry and the role of a responsible producer and supplier of base and precious metals through:
- effective use of unique mineral resources and management of operating costs;
- growth in exploration and development of world-class mineral deposits;
- support of sustainable development in the regions in which the Group operates
Open Joint Stock Company "Mining and Metallurgical Company "Norilsk Nickel"
OJSC "MMC "NORILSK NICKEL"
Russian Federation, Krasnoyarsk Territory, Dudinka
Information on Registration
Number of the State Registration Certificate issued at the time of joint-stock company foundation – 07
Registration Date – July 4, 1997
Name of State Registration body: Administration of Taimyr Autonomous District
Primary registration number of the legal entity: 1028400000298
Date of registration: September 2, 2002
Name of registering body: Inter-Regional Inspection No. 2 of the Ministry of Taxes and Charges of the Russian Federation in Taimyr (Dolgan-Nenets) Autonomous District
Effective use of unique mineral resources and management of operating costs:
- effective use of the mineral resources, and optimized capacity utilization of the Group’s mining and processing entities;
- modernization of production facilities in ore beneficiation and metallurgy in order to ensure the most effective processing of mined ore and better metals recovery;
- sustaining the stable level of costs, based on strong skills of continuous improvement in operations, development and implementation of effective technical solutions;
- strengthening independence in terms of secure supply of low-cost services and resources, including energy supply, transportation and logistics services;
- further improvements in corporate governance through restructuring of assets and optimization of management processes.
Growth in exploration and development of world-class mineral deposits:
- active participation in prospecting, geological investigation and exploration of new promising world-class mineral deposits both in Russia and abroad;
- creation of strategic alliances, leveraging best practices in exploration, mining and production of base and precious metals;
- search for growth opportunities for the existing business through strategic acquisitions and establishing partnerships in prospective sectors of the mining industry.
Support of stable development in the regions in which the Group operates:
- personnel development, creating a proper environment for growth of highly skilled professionals, ensuring safe labor environment, competitive staff remuneration and social benefits in accordance with the scope and quality of their work;
- compliance with both Russian and international environmental standards, implementation of new technologies allowing to comply with the limitations imposed on pollutant emissions, implementation of socially advantageous environmental protection projects on a regional, national and international level;
- implementation of projects in social and economic development of communities in cooperation with the regional and municipal authorities.