To decide whether an exploration project warrants future advancement, Golden Minerals has established minimum requirements that the property must meet. These include minimum requirements for reserves, annual saleable metal production rates, estimated mine development capital and operating costs. Overall, we strive to acquire and advance properties that bring synergy to our existing assets and growth opportunities for the company.
|Investor Relations Contact: || |
Jerry W. Danni
Executive Vice President
Here is the benifit of merging ECU and Golden Minerals, from the companies website.
Creates a new leading junior silver mining company with a strong growth profile
- Expansion and ramp-up of existing production at Velardeña
- Portfolio of exploration assets in the Americas
- Increased leverage to silver with gold as well as significant base metals byproduct credits
Creates a combined company with greater scale, financial strength and enhanced
capital markets profile
- Merger provides significant managerial and operational synergies
- Strong balance sheet to advance expansion plans at Velardeña and further development of El Quevar
- Improves access to capital markets for future growth
Unites complementary management teams with proven track records
- Golden Minerals' world-class mine building and operating team
- ECU's strong technical and exploration expertise
Merger supported by Golden Minerals' major shareholder, The Sentient Group, and
the board of directors of both Golden Minerals and ECU
- Sentient Group (holder of ~19% of Golden Minerals) has expressed an interest in increasing its
investment in order to retain its proportionate ownership stake in the combined company, although
no agreement has been reached
Currently, Golden Minerals has a project pipeline defined as: Reconnaissance/Target Delineation, Drill Testing, Advanced Exploration and Feasibility. Our most advanced project is the Feasibility Stage El Quevar project in Argentina. The Zacatecas project in Mexico is our Advanced Exploration Stage project. We have five Drill Testing projects: Chavin, Cochabama and Jehuamarca (in Peru), La Pinta (in Mexico), and Atlas (in Argentina). Additionally, we have 40 properties in the Reconnaissance/Target Delineation Stage located throughout Argentina, Mexico, Peru, Chile and Brazil.
NEWS NEWS NEWS!!!! THE LATEST!!