KEY POINTS ON MENTAL HEALTHCARE AND TECHNOLOGY Mental healthcare
- A vertical somewhat forgotten and underserved by technology
October 2016 - TechCrunch article
December 2016 - TechCrunch article
Venture Capitalists have just recently begun to open their eyes to Mental Health and Technology. It has not been considered a viable option until recently. A huge paradigm shift in western attitude towards mental illness. It's finally being talked about openly, which is one of the catalysts behind this recent shift in Venture Capitalists attitude towards Technology products aiming to improve life for people with mental dissorders.
February 2016 - Lantern raises $17m series A
July 2016 - Sleepio raises $12m in expansion round KEY POINTS ON EHAVE CONNECT PLATFORM (SUBJECT FOR CHANGE)
1. First disease area Ehave will battle is ADHD and specifically chidlren with ADHD.
2. They do this with a digital product currently under clinical trial (February 27 2017) called Ehave CONNECT.
3. Ehave connect consists of TWO intergrated platforms.
4. One is a fun non-threatning digital game, MH practitoners will use to screen the patient.
5. Screening process was done with pen and paper,
before Ehave came along.
6. The second part of the platform (the "backend system") is an analytics tool integrated with the game, that pulls together important data points generated while playing the game.
7. This is done to learn as much as possible about the child's presumed condition.
8. Ehave then allows MH practitioners to run analysis on this data, to determine the appropritate treatment and outcome of the treatment.