E3 Metals has one of the largest lithium resources amongst its lithium peers with 7.0 Million Tonnes (Mt) of lithium carbonate equivalent (LCE), hosted in the world-class Leduc Reservoir. This covers only a third of the Company’s permit area in south-central Alberta. The Leduc is well known for its ability to produce fluids and allows the company to continually expand its production into the future.
Lithium-enriched brine occurs within the prolific Leduc Formation in Alberta as dissolved lithium ions in the formation water. Occurring about 2,500 metres below the surface, the Leduc Formation is an extensively dolomitized ancient reef complex that spans 100’s of square kilometres in area and over 200 metres thick.
It exhibits exceptional flow rates and deliverability due to favourable rock properties and pressure. The reservoir is extremely well understood due to 70 years of historical oil and gas development in the area.
Of the billions of litres of fluid contained within the pore space in the Leduc Formation, greater than 95% is Lithium enriched brine. The remaining ~5% is hydrocarbons which have been mostly depleted in the Leduc Reservoir.