Sierra Iron Ore is a growth focused mineral exploration company creating value through the exploration and development of the El Creston property located in the Sinaloa State of Mexico. The company has a continual fieldwork program at the El Creston Property that is comprised of drilling, mapping, sampling and planning for further property development. Roads have been built and upgraded as well as equipment has been mobilized for further developing the known magnetite zones identified by recent exploration work.
Sierra Iron Ore also has 100% ownership of the Tom Cat property which is located 200 kilometres east-northeast of Vancouver within the historic Aspen Grove copper camp. The company is currently conducting an exploration program of geological mapping and sampling program as a prelude to a planned diamond drill program.
El Creston : Mexico
The most advanced project is the El Creston property which has concessions covering a total area of 500.1 hectares and is under option to Sierra Iron Ore Corporation. Under the agreement, Sierra by paying cash and shares in stages would earn a 50% interest in the El Creston property. The property is close to major transportation corridors, power lines, seaport loading facilities at Tolopobampo, towns and major cities served by air transportation.
Location – El Creston
• Located in NW Mexico • Sinaloa State is a mine friendly jurisdiction • Near Pacific Rim markets
• Both rail and highway access to port at Topolobampo, 160 km distance
Location & Local Infrastructure
• Road, rail and highway access • 34.5 Kv power • Water in the Huites Reservoir
• Rail siding, (abandoned) is located close to Huites Dam
• Choix has available skilled manpower
• Crushing, screening and magnetic separation
Neighboring Production company on Sierra Iron Property Borde 1,000 plus tonnes per day production
• Iron ore is directly shipped by truck from pit to the port at Topolobampo (1000-1600 tonne/day)
• Modest capital cost is typical, with high margins Sierra Iron Ore Corporation engages in the identification, acquisition, and exploration of precious metal resources in Mexico and Canada. It owns options to earn a 100% interest in 8 contiguous mineral claims covering an area of approximately 3,142 hectares located within the Aspen Grove copper camp in the Nicola Mining District, British Columbia; and a 50% interest in EL Creston, an iron deposit situated in the municipality of Choix, state of Sinaloa. The company is based in Surrey, Canada.