The Atlanta, GA-based company has acquired ownership and management interests in Major Indoor Soccer League franchise, the San Diego Sockers, and the Vancouver Ravens franchise of the National Lacrosse League, one of the fastest growing professional sports in North America. Under the leadership of Chairman and CEO Raj Kalra, JVGI is aggressively pursuing acquisition opportunities of "Tier 2" and minor league sports franchises across North America to bring under its corporate stable. EQ>
Not content to limit the Company to franchise management and development, and recognizing the tremendous revenue potentials inherent in vertical professional sports markets, Mr. Kalra has also implemented a multi-pronged growth strategy for JVGI, emphasizing key areas including venue acquisition, sports management, and league ownership. With significant revenues forecast for the near term period, we believe that JVGI has tremendous growth prospects and offers savvy investors a chance to make huge near-term trading profits. Keep a close eye on this Company; major new announcements continue to bolster our confidence in this stock's investment potential.
A Few Reasons to Consider Adding JVGI to Your Investment Portfolio
JVGI is exceptionally well positioned in a rapidly growing US sports market, broadly estimated by Smith's Sports Business Journal at $213 billion in 2003. From 2002, this market grew more than 9% from a total size of $194.6 billion. Gate revenues for professional sports alone constituted $11.7 billion, while concessions, parking, and on site merchandise sales totaled $10.7 billion, with premium seating revenue of $3.73 billion. With its diversified operations across the professional sports market, JVGI is situated within highly profitable niche sporting markets. For example, facility and event management revenues totaled $6.75 billion, while marketing and consulting services totaled $2.3 billion. Through its varied and synergistic business endeavors across the sports market, we believe that JVGI is poised to see substantial revenue growth and equity appreciation over the near term period.
2. Consolidated General has just unveiled an important strategic marketing and management relationship with the San Diego Sockers franchise of the Major Indoor Soccer League. Owned by JVGI Chairman Raj Kalra, the San Diego Sockers are a highly successful franchise boasting 10 League championships over the past 11 seasons. San Diego is a highly profitable and popular market for professional soccer in the US, which only recently missed out on the opportunity to be named a Major League Soccer expansion franchise, positioning the Sockers to capitalize on their pre-eminent market position in the area. JVGI subsidiary Staffco Enterprise has been engaged to handle all day-to-day and game day operations, and we believe that successful management of this business will serve as a litmus test for the Company and will validate Staffco and JVGI for additional management and marketing contracts in professional sports franchises across North America.BE>
3. JVGI Chairman Raj Kalra has recently completed the acquisition of National Lacrosse League franchise Vancouver Ravens, which we believe will translate into a management and marketing relationship for the Company. Long relegated to the margins of North American professional sports, lacrosse has undergone a period of tremendous expansion and renewed popularity over the last three years, with revenues growing by over 400% to more than $21 million, league profitability for the first time ever, and league attendance jumping 11% last season to 8,658 a game on average. Fox Sports Net's regional cable networks has also agree to broadcast league games to more than55 million homes. Over the last three years, the entry fee for a new franchise has reached $3 million, from only $500,000 in 2000. Professional lacrosse has become the fastest growing and most dynamic sport in North America, and we believe that JVGI will be able to capitalize on its relationship with Mr. Kalra to generate revenues from management and marketing operations for the Vancouver Ravens.
4. JVGI has built an experienced leadership team, who have a wide range of senior management expertise in growing new businesses. Chairman & CEO Raj Kalra has enjoyed highly successful management tenures at a number of new technology companies, with positions including President of AcSys Biometrics, President of Reach Systems Group, and founder of RJR Everest. Mr. Kalra has also recently acquired ownership of rapidly growing sports franchises the Vancouver Ravens and the San Diego Sockers, which the Company will capitalize upon to develop long-term revenue streams from franchise management, consulting, and marketing services. JVGI has recently hired experienced marketing executive James Hartley as President of its Staffco Enterprises LLC subsidiary. Mr. Hartley is a proven and experienced marketing professional well versed in establishing strategic relationships with sponsors and the media. Mr. Hartley co-founded and helmed integrated marketing agency, Envision Group, with clients including Anheuser Busch, Mazda, Neutrogena, Upper Deck, and the LA Dodgers. He also previously served as General Manager of the Toronto office of sports marketing agency DelWiber + Associates where he developed sponsorship plans for multi-million dollar funding of the NHL Hall of Fame.
5. JVGI has recently acquired an equity position in a newly formed event marketing company to capitalize on the growing market for fans to meet professional athletes and benefit charitable organizations. This company will present sports figures to the public in formal ballroom settings, donating 20% of the proceeds to athlete's chosen charities. This company represents a synergistic and complimentary fit with JVGI's operations in sports marketing, management, and operations, and will provide a recurring revenue stream for the Company. HJB>
6. Consolidated General has entered into a verbal agreement to acquire major parts of a leading retail and marketing company, which handles computer and consumer electronics sales, and anticipated closing this sale over the coming weeks. This company has developed a sophisticated merchandising and distribution infrastructure which JVGI will utilize to jump-start its planned long-term goals of developing retail and catalogue sales of sports retail and licensed goods to consumers. Additionally, this acquisition will provide an additional source of revenue for the Company and free cash-flow to facilitate expansion plans.