The Claymore Global Shipping Index ETF (SEA
) is based on the Delta Global Shipping Index, including companies that derive at least 80% of their revenues from the seaborne transport of goods or the operating and leasing of ships. The minimum market cap for a company to be included in the fund is $250 million, and a 30 day trading volume of $2 million.
SEA is country heavy in Greece (34%), the United States (17%), Bermuda (16%), and the Bahamas (11%).
The top 10 holdings in the Global Shipping Index ETF are:
- Teekay LNG Partners (TGP) – 5.48%
- Frontline Ltd. (FRO) – 4.89%
- Tsakos Energy Navigation (TNP) – 4.86%
- Diana Shipping (DSX) – 4.80%
- Teekay Tank (TNK) – 4.26%
- Ship Finance International (SFL) – 4.03%
- DHT Maritime Inc. (DHT) – 3.82%
- Knightsbridge TA (VLCCF) s– 3.78%
- Seaspan Corp. (SSW) – 3.64%
- Euroseas Ltd. (ESEA) – 3.60%
The fund is currently comprised of 30 companies, and has a price to earnings ratio of 6.6. The fee structure is capped at 65 basis points, and currently has total managed assets of around $5.7 million trading on the NYSE Arca exchange.
Daily One-Year Charts