This is a board to help identify possible CANSLIM stocks
CANSLIM is a growth stock investment strategy
* C = Current earnings per share. They must be up 18 to 20% or more.
* A = Annual earnings. They should be up 25% or more in each of the last three years.
* N = New. The company should either be under new management, have a new product, or have a new service. It should also have a new high for its stock price.
* S = Shares of common stock Outstanding:Keep it small. The price of a common stock with 300 million shares outstanding is hard to budge up because of the large supply of stock available.
* L = Leader or laggard? Within an industry, always choose the company that is leading the way, not one that is following in another's footsteps.
* I = Institutional sponsorship. Make sure large mutual fund companies (and other institutions) are investing in your stock - you can ride on their capital. Also, focus on the better performing institutions buying your stock.
* M = Market trends and market indices. Recognize the cup and handle pattern, as well as other market correction footprints. Know when a stock has peaked out. Also, buy stocks only when the Dow, S&P 500, and Nasdaq are going up.
New Blog about CANSLIM