Spur Ventures (TSX:SVU, OTC:BB-SPVEF) is a natural resource company headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. The Company's main focus is the development of two joint venture phosphate fertilizer projects in China, the world's largest fertilizer market, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Spur BVI.
The first joint venture, Yichang Maple Leaf Chemicals (YMC), involves
- The development of two of China's largest undeveloped phosphate deposits, and
- A world-scale, flexible phosphate fertilizer plant with total planned production of approximately one million tonnes per annum.
The second joint venture, Yichang Spur Chemicals (YSC), is an existing compound phosphate fertilizer plant (NPK) which is being expanded in partnership with YMC to produce mono-ammonium phosphate (MAP) fertilizers for the domestic Chinese market.
Both YMC and YSC are located near Yichang City in Hubei Province, China.
Spur is also examining opportunities to use its balance sheet resources to pursue potential strategic investments in natural resource projects in low risk jurisdictions. The Company is looking to leverage its extensive experience in both agriculture and base and precious metals to create value for shareholders.
GROWING WITH CHINA
China is the world's largest and fastest growing fertilizer market representing over one-third of global demand in nitrogen, phosphate and potash. China needs to increase its food production by 35% by 2015 to be able to feed its increasing population and this can only be accomplished through the use of high quality seeds, good agronomic management practices and proper, balanced fertilization. Spur Ventures Inc. aims to be the premier integrated fertilizer manufacturer in China, with plans to produce up to one million tonnes per year of high -quality NPK fertilizer for domestic consumption in the central province of Hubei, China. These expansion plans include the development of the largest phosphate deposit in China, located near Yichang City.
Our Value Proposition to Investors
- Invest in China from Canada
- Good corporate governance and transparency
- World's fastest growing fertilizer market
- Only foreign fertilizer play mining in China
- Has rights to Hubei province's remaining rich phosphate deposits
- Full integration from raw materials through manufacturing to the market
- Capturing the entire value chain
- Spur is in China on the frontline every day
- More flexible, lower cost
- Experienced Board
- Seasoned senior management team combining best of Canada and China business cultures
Key Upcoming Milestones in China - Plan -
In Next Few Months
• Mining license transfered from YPCC to YMC
• Xingfa completes YPCC takeover
• Xingfa SSP plant successfully commissioned
By Year-End 2011
• 2nd Modified JV Agreement (20%) approved
• Xingfa fertilizer plant vended-in
• YSC-YMC merger complete thus increasing Spur's equity in YMC
By Mid-Year 2012
• YMC's DAP and MAP plants in commercial production
By Year End 2014
• Dianziping and Shukongping mines in production
SHARE STRUCTURE (DECEMBER 31, 2010)
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SVU.TO Market Cap:22.35M @ 0.37
Stock Options Outstanding:
TSX - SVU
Nov 12, 2010