ALF Group Holdings AG (ALF) is an
investment company. It has or is in the
process of establishing operations in
Australia, Germany and USA.
ALF Group Pty Ltd operates in the
-> Distressed Assets
- purchase and development. Our main focus is real property but often this will involve the acquisition of mortgages.
Current projects include:
- The purchase of a major development site near Cairns in Queensland, Australia, named Reef Cove. Depending on the timing of sales (i.e. as land or where we take an interest in a development project on part of the site), we estimate that there will be between $30M - $60M pre-tax earnings generated from this project.
- The purchase of a development site on Hope Island on the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia. We estimate that there will be approximately $18M pre-tax earnings generated from this project.
- A takeover bid for all the units in the publically listed Premium Income Fund (PIF). PIF owns a number of assets that can now be called distressed assets. This fund has over 10,500 unit holders and has $265M of net assets (based on its accounts to 31 December 2009). - Litigation Funding - Funds client's legal claims where we feel that there is a reasonable expectation of winning. The company earns approximately 30% of the final outcome awarded. The company is the third largest litigation funder in Australia.
- Corporate Restructuring - provides a wide range of services designed to meet specific client needs. These services include preparation for bankruptcy and company re-structuring. A more comprehensive list of services is included in the section "Corporate Restructuring"