As of Sept 28th, 2017 Cannabis Wheaton $CBW TSX, $KWFLF OTC
1. According to a 2017 report by Deloitte, the legal Canadian marijuana market could soon be worth $22.6 billion annually over the coming years.
2. With federal legalization of recreational use scheduled for July 1st, 2018, the Canadian Cannabis Industry is in the midst of a major boom.
3. Cannabis Wheaton ( $CBW) Appoints Prominent Industry Figure Hugo Alves as President and he is a senior corporate and commercial Partner at Bennett Jones LLP specializing in complex domestic and international transactions. He has advised industry-leading Canadian and foreign clients in connection with private mergers and acquisitions, financings, public procurements, outsourcing transactions, joint ventures and strategic alliances and has significant venture capital and private equity experience. Hugo is also Canada’s leading advisor in the cannabis industry representing a variety of global industry participants, including licensed producers, licensed producer applicants, licensed dealers, e-commerce platforms, seed-to-sale software developers, design and build firms, patient aggregators, equipment manufacturers and distributors, and cannabis branding companies. Hugo has acted as lead counsel or played a key role in a wide variety of transactions since the inception of the cannabis industry in Canada and is widely regarded as a Canadian cannabis industry pioneer.
Hugo obtained his B.A from Carleton University, where he won the Senate Medal for Outstanding Academic Achievement and his J.D from the University of Toronto.
4. Chuch Rifici chairman, Chief Executive Officer is a true pioneer of the North American cannabis industry having founded Canopy Growth (formerly Tweed Marijuana) and building it into 500,000 square feet of thriving marijuana grow capacity as its CEO. Today, Canopy Growth is worth over $1 billion and recognized as a world class cannabis producer.
Chuck is currently CEO of Nesta Holding Co., a private equity firm that builds partnerships and brands within the cannabis space and Chairman of National Access Cannabis, a clinic chain ¬helping patients access the Canadian federal cannabis program.
Chuck is a chartered professional accountant. He obtained his MBA from Queen’s University and holds a BASc in Computer Engineering from the University of Ottawa.
5. While many licensed producers have focused on ramping up production capacity, Cannabis Wheaton ( $CBW) has created the first cannabis streaming.
6. There is no other medical marijuana producer out there that has group purchasing agreements that Cannabis Wheaton ( $CBW) does with the pharmacy group and that it has close ties to other independent pharmacy chains that collectively own and operate approximately 1,500 locations across Canada. This represents a significant portion of the more than 3,000 independent pharmacies throughout the country, which could become a key distribution platform for medical cannabis in many provinces and remote communities. http://www.cannabisfn.com/cannabis-wheaton-adds-valuable-new-distribution-channel/
7. Cannabis Wheaton ( $CBW) is one of the Top TSX-V shorted stocks out there right now IMO.
8. Cannabis Wheaton ( $CBW) has an Agreement with Abcann ( $ABCN) to receive 50% of the proceeds (net of certain costs) of future wholesale or retail sales completed by ABcann with respect to cannabis produced in the Expansion Production Area (the “EPA Allocation“). http://www.skanderbegcapital.com/cannabis-wheaton/abcann-global-cannabis-wheaton-sign-interim-agreement-construction-additional-cannabis-cultivation-facility/
9. It was brilliant that Cannabis Wheaton ( $CBW) has such an agreement with Abcann IMO because it has a game changer computer-controlled growing platform that helps it produce in excess of 250 grams of cannabis per square foot each year, placing it among the highest yields within the Canadian sector. ABcann has not had any product recalls. In late July, the company provided an update on these construction efforts, noting that its plans to commence construction at the Kimmett facility remain on track for the third quarter of 2017, with first cultivation from the facility expected in the fourth quarter of 2018 and this will benefit Cannabis Wheaton with revenues IMO. http://www.abcannglobal.com/Kimmett-Facility.php