SureTrader
Interactive Brokers Advertisement
Home > Boards > US OTC > Cannabis > Veritas Pharma, Inc. (VRTHF)

Up 60+ % in a week VERITAS PHARMA

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
RedRivNm Member Profile
 
Followed By 1
Posts 25
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 11/15/16
160x600 placeholder
RedRivNm   Sunday, 11/20/16 04:17:47 PM
Re: None
Post # of 37 
Up 60+ % in a week VERITAS PHARMA INC (VRTHF) is poised to grow exponentially here’s why.Its bullet proof its medical it doesnt care whos preresident

The important thing to understandis the vast majority of medical grade cannabis is dispensed through certified dispensaries, in states where cannabis is legalized for healthcare related use. Patients purchase the marijuana in whatever form they require, and self administer, usually in a home based environment. A number of companies are working to alter the current situation, however. Specifically, they are looking to develop medical grade marijuana based treatments for a variety of health conditions, and pick up regulatory approval that will see these treatments administered by physicians as (in many cases) standard of care therapies

It works as follows.

Veritas is partnered with a company called Cannevert, which it has gradually acquired more and more of since December 2015. The former has agreed to invest $1.5 million in the latter during the 18 months subsequent to December 18, 2015, in $250,000 quarterly installments. At the end of the 18 months, Veritas will own 80% of Cannevert. Veritas will then acquire the remaining 20% for an as yet undecided sum; a sum that will be determined by way of an independent review when the time comes.

Concurrently, Veritas has also partnered with a company called Whistler Medical Marijuana Corporation. Whistler Medical Marijuana is a licensed Canadian cannabis producer and distributor, the primary operations of which involve mail order fulfillment of medical marijuana prescriptions for patients in Canada. In its space, the company is well known (and highly regarded) for its organic grade medicinal cannabis.

These two companies form two separate elements of Veritas’ virtual research platform, with the latter positioned centrally between the two. Specifically, Veritas purchases and receives a number of specific cultivars of cannabis from Whistler (currently this number is two per week, but this is set to increase across the coming quarters). It then sends the cultivars to Cannevert for testing. Veritas and Cannevert have worked together for the last 12 months to develop standard testing protocols, by way of which the latter can investigate the strains of cannabis that Whistler produces and distributes. The purpose of this investigation (and the pre-defined investigative assays) is to determine the potential applications of a particular cultivar in a specific healthcare indication.

In short, Veritas buys the cannabis from Whistler, sends it to Cannevert, and Cannevert tests it to figure out whether it can be used to treat a particular healthcare issue.

This model has a number of benefits over more traditional research and development operations, with the primary advantage being cost reduction. Veritas doesn’t need to employ full-time research and development staff, and doesn’t need to rent or purchase large testing facility real estate, to identify potential clinical candidates. The preclinical side of development stage healthcare can be a huge drain on capital resources, and is often one of the most important risk factors investors face when considering an allocation in this space. Why? Because traditionally, when not using the virtual research platform Veritas is using, companies will spend large amounts of money attempting to identify clinical candidates, without any guarantee that these candidates will make it through to even early-stage clinical testing. Veritas, of course, still has no guarantee that it’s preclinical cultivars will make it through to a clinical stage setting, but the capital outlay is vastly reduced by way of its virtual operations, and so, in turn, is the risk.


Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist