Lucky Luciano quote
Asked to reflect on his life as a swindler and a mobster, Charles "Lucky" Luciano confessed that, if he could, he would change just one thing: "I'd do it legal," he said.
"I learned too late that you need just as good a brain to make a crooked million as an honest million. These days, you apply for a license to steal from the public," Luciano said. "If I had my time again, I'd make sure I got that license first."
Recipe for legal 'harvesting' of $$$ from public:
1) Get a good idea or create a new widget.
2) Buy a shell company w/ a ticker symbol and offer shares in your company.
3) Set it up so you control the company and can issue new shares.
4) Keep finding ways to make your idea/widget relevant to a hot topic.
5) Learn public relations to maintain interest in your company w/o committing outright fraud.
6) Pay yourself handsomely w/ shareholder investments.
7) go to #4, repeat.
Now, none of us has ever donated to such a thing, have we?