Seaboard Corporation is made up of a group of uniquely integrated and innovative companies with a broad international presence. Our main businesses include:
- Seaboard Foods, an integrated producer of premium pork products, and one of the top ten pork producers and processors in the United States.
- Seaboard Marine, a containerized shipping service between the United States, the Caribbean Basin, and Central and South America.
- Commodity Trading and Milling, an international grain processing and trading business with primary operations in Africa, South America, and the Caribbean.
Other major businesses include:
- Tabacal Agroindustria, a vertically integrated sugar and citrus producer and processor located Argentina marketing its products in both domestic and international markets.
- Transcontinental Capital Corporation, an independent power producer in the Dominican Republic serving both public and private users and distributors of electricity.
In all our business activities, Seaboard Corporation emphasizes the customer's requirements and needs. Over 10,000 employees worldwide work diligently to provide products and services to our large and diverse customer base. We strive to be the best through superior management, a well-trained, dedicated work force and a policy of transparency with our partners.
We are committed to deliver extraordinary value to our customers across all of our business lines with the highest degree of integrity, honesty, and sound business judgment.
Chart and Stock Information
10Q: There were 1,241,519 shares of common stock, $1.00 par value per share, outstanding on October 20, 2008.