At Otter Tail Corporation, we create long-term value by owning diverse, well-run companies and providing the right resources for success.
At A Glance
- 2007 revenues: $1.2 billion
- 2007 net income: $54 million
- 2007 earnings per share: $1.78
- 2008 dividends: $1.19 indicated annual rate
- NASDAQ Global Select Market: OTTR
- Dividend history: paid quarterly since 1938; increased annually since 1975
- Mergent Dividend Achiever, recognized for outstanding long-term dividend increases
Our Business Strategy
Our strategy is designed to produce steady and predictable growth. This includes growing our core electric utility business which provides a strong base of revenues, earnings and cash flows. In addition, we look to our nonelectric operating companies to provide growth both organically and through acquisitions. We apply a conservative approach to investment and only add companies that are expected to produce an immediate positive impact on earnings along with long-term growth potential. Diversity in our business investments allows for stability and consistency in earnings by lessening the impact of a downturn in any one business or market. All our operating companies operate under a decentralized business model with disciplined corporate oversight.