Noront Resources is an exploration-stage resource company focused on its significant nickel-copper-platinum-palladium-chrome discovery at the Double Eagle project in the "Ring of Fire", an emerging metal district in the James Bay Lowlands of Ontario, Canada.
Ring of Fire - Multiple discoveries have been made since initial discovery of August 2007.
Eagle One Discovery
High grade near surface base and precious metal discovery that now has a NI 43-101 compliant resource estimate:
- Drill highlights include up to 117.4 metres grading 4.1% Ni, 2.2% Cu, 2.1 g/t Pt and 7.1 g/t Pd.
- Indicated resource of 1.8 million tonnes grading 1.96% Ni, 1.18% Cu, 1.12 g/t Pt and 3.91 g/t Pd.
- Inferred resource of 1.1 million tonnes grading 2.39% Ni, 1.27% Cu, 1.37 g/t Pt and 4.50 g/t Pd.
- High nickel grades in the massive sulphide zone make it possible for Noront to consider the option of direct shipment of ore to an existing concentrator/smelter facility outside the project area.
- The deposit remains open at depth and along strike.
Eagle Two Discovery
Near surface nickel-copper-pge target being delineated to depth in search of a sulphide rich feeder:
- Eagle Two is located two kilometers southwest of the Eagle One deposit.
- Shallow mineralization was encountered 39 metres below surface.
- Drill highlights include 34 metres of 0.6% Ni, and 6 metres of 2.2% Ni.
- Using Eagle One as a model, Noront continues to track Eagle Two in two directions, scoping for the feeder system.
Blackbird One Discovery
Drilling unexpectedly intersected massive chromite (Cr2O3) mineralization below the Eagle Two deposit:
- Blackbird One's main mineralized zone runs above 40% Cr2O3 with a favourable chrome/iron ratio or over 2.0.
- This chromite discovery is relatively high grade compared to other global deposits, has a favourable chrome/iron ratio and a desirable lumpy consistency.
Blackbird Two Discovery
Early drilling has identified massive chromite beds:
- The anomaly is one kilometre long, along strike from Blackbird One.
- Potential exists for a multimillion tonne resource
Drilling to date has encountered encouraging widths of visually observed mineralization 9.5 kilometers northeast of Eagle One:
- Two drill holes encountered widths of up to 66 metres of visually observed disseminated and semi-massive copper-nickel-iron sulphides.
- The company continues to drill this target.
| || |
| || || |