Primus Telecommunications Group Inc.
7901 Jones Branch Road
Mclean, VA 22102
United States - Map
Stock Symbol: PRTL (Currently trading on the OTCBB & Pink Sheets Quote Systems)
About Primus Telecommunications
Like other industry leaders, Primus delivers high-quality solutions for more than 2.4 million consumers, including small & medium enterprises and multinational businesses. Unlike the rest, Primus takes advantage of global telecommunications deregulation. This allows Primus to bring you facilities-based networks and facilities-based datacenters for a sophisticated line of services to manage your complete E-Business and data communication needs.
Primus has ownership interests in over 23 transoceanic fiber-optic cable systems in Europe, North and South America, and the Asia-Pacific region.
Primus also holds Internet assets including:
- Second-largest alternative communications company in Canada
- Third-largest Internet Service Provider (ISP) in Australia
- Fourth-largest full service carrier in Australia
- Fifth-largest ISP in Canada
- Fifth-largest independent ISP in Brazil
- A leading competitive entrant in Europe
Primus offers a rich set of residential and business voice services:
- Domestic and international long distance
- International toll-free service
- Calling cards
- Prepaid long distance
Primus has E-Business solutions to address client's communications needs and ensure their ability to meet service and cost-control objectives. The Primus suite integrates global data and Internet services, which ride on Primus’ facilities-based assets.
Products in the Primus suite share features from product to product including security, reliability, and availability, regardless of customer locale. Companies have access to the same Web-hosting features in the US and the UK as they do in Germany or Brazil.
Additionally, Primus offers E-Business solutions to meet any bandwidth, security, and budget. The Primus suite also offers integrated billing with options for languages, currency, and media.
Primus suite services include:
- ASP (Application Service Provider) Services
- Dedicated T-1 and Dial-up Internet Access
- DSL (Digital Subscriber Line)
- Global IP Roaming
Primus presents proactive network monitoring up to and including CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) -- as long as it’s Primus-provided and -certified equipment. This allows Primus to offer industry-leading Service Level Agreements.
One reason why should you care about this company??
Steve Cohen of SAC Capital just purchased close to 8 million shares of this stock at .91 (see the July 9, 2007 filing here: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1006837/000089914007001276/p070907a.txt ) In case you don't know who Steve Cohen is, he is a legend among hedge fund traders. His fund, SAC Capital manages nearly 15 Billion in Assets. Read about SAC Capital here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAC_Capital_Partners And read up on Steve Cohen here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_A._Cohen
Read this taken from the last 10K filed by PRTL (it may give you a better idea of what is to come here:
Transformation Strategy in 2007
With the substantial progress made in 2006, we are now positioned to embark on a two-year ‘Transformation Strategy’ to strengthen significantly our balance sheet, resume top line revenue growth before the end of 2008, and re-list on NASDAQ. While this is an admittedly aggressive set of goals, given the successful execution on multiple operational and financial initiatives over the past year with constrained resources, we have confidence that these are reasonable goals.
Key elements of our two-year Transformation Strategy are as follows:
• Strengthen the balance sheet opportunistically through potential de-levering transactions and equity capital infusions.
• Significantly improve our non-sales and marketing cost structure through increased outsourcing and/or off-shoring at lower cost locations globally; improve coordination among PRIMUS business units to deliver synergy savings; and maintain an aggressive cost management program. Re-deploying the resultant savings back into sales and marketing activities with attractive payback parameters should, in turn, increase margins.
• Focus on improving sales productivity and margin enhancements by leveraging our network assets and increasing the revenue mix in favor of higher margin growth services.
• Opportunistically sell non-strategic assets and businesses and use the proceeds either to accelerate growth of high-margin businesses or to strengthen the balance sheet.
Our strategy for 2007 and beyond is unchanged—maintain a narrow focus, invest wisely and tightly control costs. While revenue may decline year over year, as we continue to prune low-margin, unprofitable revenue streams, our objective is to improve cash flows by 10% or more over 2006, recognizing seasonal fluctuations in quarterly performance. At that level of cash flows (which assumes stable currency exchange rates throughout 2007 and excludes any material expenses related to further restructuring) and with our current cash position and our completed 2007 debt transactions, we believe our 2007 business plan is fully funded.
Shares Outstanding: 114.13M